A rushed forum, my opinion and efforts prior to the launch of keebtalk

The most involved people in this community are also most likely to want to contribute in the form of providing goods and services to that community, and yet in your mind, they lose all ability to be objective and unbiased simply because they’re a “vendor”.

How exactly are these filthy capitalists going to influence a forum negatively without the community being aware and objecting?

4 Likes

(I deleted this when I realized my error. But my sentiment still stands, so it’s back)

It’s been 4 days since I posted this. There have been 140 comments here, and a LOT of discussion, I have this to say:

I voiced an opinion that a lot of people found uncomfortable. The owners of this site were probably upset at that, and I can understand why. People might think less of me, and that was a risk I took. But I think it worked out for the best, and here’s why.

• This post was viewed 2100 times (2% of the pageviews we’re excited about)
  • The post was liked 288 24 times. (That’s 24% 2% of the userbase as of Norbauer’s post 3 days ago)
  • It elicited a well thought out response from at least 1 of the founders which increased confidence in the site significantly beyond what it had been before my post.

The thing that shocks me the most is the part where 24% 2% of the userbase found my post helpful.

So I am sorry if some people are mad at me for posting this. But clearly I’m not just speaking for myself. And I can live with that. (EDIT: Even if it’s just 2% I am still speaking for more than just myself).

I am excited to see what comes of Keebtalk! Good luck guys!!!

:+1:

If you havent yet read this thread or don’t know what happened, I recommend clicking the “Summarize This Topic” button under the main post to help get through it quicker if you want to. (This is probably my favorite feature of this forum platform).

2 Likes

Damn. I misunderstood how one of the summary counts worked, made a post about it, and now this is stuck at the top of Latest.

My bad. Carry on.

Good luck all! Still hopeful that this works out for the best!

:+1: