A TKL from TX Keyboards - TX-87

This shop landed on my radar while following @HoodrowThrillson’s GMK Coral IC (hyyyyyyype).

Their TX-87 TKL caught my eye. The board looks nice!

Considering it as an alternative for when I inevitably miss out on a Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 extra next month. What do you all think?

5 Likes

I’ve personally never owned a TX board, but they are highly regarded by the community for high quality on their boards, smooth GBs, & offering all kinds of other products on their site from all I have heard about them. My only experience with them is I recently ordered some springs & a USB-C cable from them. I had to order through the international link so I could get the lube with the springs & selected the untracked shipping since I didn’t need them quickly. I was thinking probably about 2 to 3 weeks for that to get to me & I think it was a week & half later I got it! Sure it’s just one order through them, but it did leave a good impression on me & I wouldn’t hesitate to order through them again. So if you do miss out on the Keycult No.2 Rev.1, I would say the TX-87 is a solid backup plan! :+1:

1 Like

Only quibble I’ve ever seen with them is that they don’t use boards that run QMK, but iirc the TX87 fits an h87a just fine and with the overall build quality on their boards being what it is (based on what I’ve seen) that seems a minor quibble.

1 Like

I’ve owned two TX boards so far. Can’t recommend them enough. Their anodizing is seriously one of the best you can find.

I’m a big fan of TKL, but I think the next wave/big thing should be gasket mount TKL that is what I am waiting for.

I’ll be excited when there is the 84 key version (WKL).

2 Likes

saaaame

1 Like

What I fancy is antique copper version of TX-87se. I just love the sound of the thang.

2 Likes

…wow. This sounds unreal.

1 Like

…wow. This sounds unreal.

Yup. Not sure if I’m just imagining it but the sound signature is distinctly pleasant…like candy coated clack.