Abs mt3

Give it time. Patience is rewarded with MT3. No supply chain shortage here.

2 Likes

Just as I said - patience is rewarded with MT3.

20% discount now, using code RETROISHERE for 3277

4 Likes

Man, talk about calling your shot with that one :rofl:

1 Like

Not only that, but the 20% off beats the lousy $20 keycap club discount I drew this month and you can’t stack them.

1 Like

Ha, I got an email from Divinikey the other day with a 5% coupon - but when I applied it to my order it nixed the free shipping option, which made the order significantly more expensive than if I didn’t use the coupon - so I didn’t. I guess it still did its job of getting me back in the store, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’d like to report that your post successfully got me over to the Divinikey site.

1 Like

Obligatory “not a shill” disclaimer but they’re one of my favorite vendors. They always have interesting things in inventory and particularly keep an interesting variety of switches coming in. That, plus pretty quick shipping has them pretty high on my list.

3 Likes

Possibly answered already, but couldn’t find it. Can anyone who owns both sets confirm that MT3 Dasher and MT3 Dancer colors match? Like if I wanted to combine the light blue from Dasher and Dancer it would look like a full single-colorway? The photos on Dorp are hard to compare…

2 Likes

I mean, that would be crazy if they didn’t. I don’t own them, but I’d say with 99.999% confidence that they do.

Thank you. That’s exactly what I was thinking too, but wasn’t sure if I was missing something. The official photos/renders look like they were done under different lighting conditions, so the colors seemed close but not quite. Going to roll the BOGO dice on the two sets and I’ll report back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, I think they will match in as much they will genuinely being aiming for the same two blues - the idea is for them to match.

For a combination of reasons I happen to have had like 6 copies of MT3 WoB pass through my hands, and I can tell you that while keys within sets matched more or less perfectly, they didn’t always match between sets. There were at least 3 or 4 slightly different shades of black.

That said, I think they know people are going to be buying Dasher and Dancer with the bogo sale for the purpose of having all dark and all light blue sets - so I’d imagine they’ve put more into making those match than they did between runs of WoB - they will probably match - but I still felt I should mention that experience.

I say go for it, because one cool thing about Drop is that they will take the sets back no questions asked - if your reason is that the blues don’t match the way you were hoping, that’s cool, send them an email and they’ll arrange a refund / return.

1 Like

That’s an excellent point about the differences in shades between sets and really just kind of a wildcard until the sets are in hand. I hadn’t really considered that at all.

I bought two MT3 BoW Ortho sets last year a few weeks apart and the color was consistent, so I have high hopes for Dasher/Dancer matching. Not exactly the same situation, but like you said, I’m sure there’s a huge overlap of people who ordered both sets so it would be in Drop’s best interest to keep the colors consistent. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

2 Likes

Just wanted to post some visual evidence that the MT3 Dasher and Dancer sets use the same colors:

6 Likes