Adding RGB to FC660C with HASU controller

Need to do a bit more testing but poc works!

8 Likes

Just wanted to bump this thread and let you all know I revised my guide to reflect my final implementation!

Happy clacking!

3 Likes

Quite a nice solution! I wouldn’t mind re-modding mine this way at all. Now… where to get one of those nifty controllers with the led section cutout :slight_smile:

1 Like

Revision 1.1 of the controller is all set. I soldered the first 3 everything worked properly will send out to my fellow KeebTalkers next week.

Thanks to
@rooski15 for pioneering this project, and answering many questions
@Extra_Fox for photos and encouragement
@pixelpusher for prototyping and throwing down the challenge :wink:

8 Likes

I’m excited for my board to be lighted!

ba dum pisssh!

1 Like

I’d buy one if you have extras. I don’t have a Heavy-6 but I would love to convert my FC660C to USB-C.

I do not have any left. Suggest jumping on the AnyKeys discord and asking Evelien. She makes one with the same footprint as Hasu but in USB-c.

4 Likes

Dave, your controllers rock. Just sayin’.

4 Likes

I contacted her, and indeed she has a few left.

Thanks again @Dave

1 Like

What do i do with the wire from that blank pin? I just installed one of these on my sho66…

I soldered the 5v, D2, and ground to the contacts on the led strip.
I taped off the wire from the blank pin with kaplan tape, LED works fine but i get random keypresses every so often and dont wanna short out the keyboard lol

Blank pin does not do anything. Used that connector instead of the 3 pin because it is far more common/accessible.

Regarding random keypresses try reflashing firmware to see if that works. If not try turning down brightness on led strip a little bit.

ooh lol i feel stupid, i ended up soldering that blank pin to the ground haha… eh still works fine

I turned down the brightness on the solid color setting and it works fine now… It seems like the more intricate the pattern and/or the brighter the lights, the more random keypresses i get.

I’m running 44 LED and it looks great though… thank you guys!!

2 Likes