Arisu & Alice Layout Catchall

This the URL? Amano – h40.io Looks neat, little expensive

Basketweave R3 looks cool but I’ve been so not happy with stacked acrylic in the past:

Seigaiha has one of the best looking PCBs I’ve ever seen Seigaiha Keyboard Kit – NovelKeys LLC

1 Like

There’s an Arisu in-stock with acrylic case for $150 here: Arisu Keyboard – Nico and Steph Studios

No color options, just Clear Frosted. I would not recommend anyone buy a stacked acrylic keyboard but it is cheap.

1 Like

Neither Alice nor Arisu, the 40% + Arrows Bolt is up for sale on the Lazy Designers discord. Here’s a video of a build. Bolt by LAZYDESIGNERS - YouTube And here’s a link to their discord: LAZYDESIGNERS

I like this board for the layout and the lightning bolt in the center is cool. It is mostly stacked acrylic but supposedly a more premium version is due next year.

2 Likes

MAJA v2 Soon, Thread here: [GB] KBDfans Vulcan MAJA v2

2 Likes

Ergo? Ortho?!
How about: Bizarre! Group Buys and Pre-Sales - [Pre-Sale] Boardrun - MKUltra Corporation
I have no idea what’s going on with the Boardrun Classic and Bizarre besides that there are too many options, not one keyboard layout that I saw, and the photos not matching the product aren’t helping.

3 Likes

oh wow, i’m actually super into the boardrun bizarre. kinda like a boardwalk but…ergo and without having to buy ergo kits.

1 Like

The UM-A looks awesome and strange, a 3D-printed split Arisu design with an OLED: UM-A – Merge Design , GB ends on the 18th. I’ve been wanting to see 3d-printed alice designs, and while the UM-A is a split more than an alice it is very tempting.

The Rikia appears to be a trolling board with that name and price after the Rukia GB turned into a nightmare.

I had someone else just post this, it is quite an interesting concept. The only Alice style I’ve used so far is the Orange Boy Ergo and it’s not bad, but I haven’t really played with it enough. I definitely love my Sinc, so this thing is kind of the best of both worlds.

1 Like

It was created as a one-off for Rik, who was in the Rukia buy. Others have asked him to make more and thus he’s opened an IC about it. I don’t think he’s going to make many units as he didn’t really want to run a GB in the first place.

1 Like

There are a ton of good examples of bad group buys out there, I can’t imagine putting trust into one where the runner didn’t want to run it in the first place.

The “Libra Mini” looks cool, a 40% tented hotswap static split with a joystick on Aliexpress for a hundred buckaroos. Only downside is that it is basically stacked acrylic and has no lighting to take advantage of that
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLeD0kM

1 Like

Keychron has their Q8 with an Arisu layout, knob, gasket mounting, double G and B, and almost no nose. $200 for a barebones, $230 assembled Keychron Q8 Customizable Mechanical Keyboard estimated launch in April or May.

I like a little bit more of a nose on this layout, and the pgup/page down on the left but the price is great along and the gasket mounting system could be fantastic.

7 Likes

No way. Totally didn’t see this coming. This is cool!

1 Like

The MGA revision 3 is supposedly coming soon from Sneakbox, with a polycarbonate option and an internal weight:

The MGA I have is a great board, and I’m a little disappointed the logo is changing with this new version (the almost full width logo is being replaced with a simpler mark)

3 Likes

We were talking about this board on another server. It’s not a bad looking board, but the Double-G, Double-B, and the gap between them got a lot of attention.

3 Likes

That gap would drive me crazy; it’s not huge but it’s right there. Otherwise, this looks like an extremely solid Arisu option.

6 Likes

Why the extra G? Is there so legit reason other than just being different? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes