Arisu & Alice Layout Catchall

I had someone else just post this, it is quite an interesting concept. The only Alice style I’ve used so far is the Orange Boy Ergo and it’s not bad, but I haven’t really played with it enough. I definitely love my Sinc, so this thing is kind of the best of both worlds.

1 Like

It was created as a one-off for Rik, who was in the Rukia buy. Others have asked him to make more and thus he’s opened an IC about it. I don’t think he’s going to make many units as he didn’t really want to run a GB in the first place.

1 Like

There are a ton of good examples of bad group buys out there, I can’t imagine putting trust into one where the runner didn’t want to run it in the first place.

The “Libra Mini” looks cool, a 40% tented hotswap static split with a joystick on Aliexpress for a hundred buckaroos. Only downside is that it is basically stacked acrylic and has no lighting to take advantage of that
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLeD0kM

1 Like

Keychron has their Q8 with an Arisu layout, knob, gasket mounting, double G and B, and almost no nose. $200 for a barebones, $230 assembled Keychron Q8 Customizable Mechanical Keyboard estimated launch in April or May.

I like a little bit more of a nose on this layout, and the pgup/page down on the left but the price is great along and the gasket mounting system could be fantastic.

7 Likes

No way. Totally didn’t see this coming. This is cool!

1 Like

The MGA revision 3 is supposedly coming soon from Sneakbox, with a polycarbonate option and an internal weight:

The MGA I have is a great board, and I’m a little disappointed the logo is changing with this new version (the almost full width logo is being replaced with a simpler mark)

3 Likes

We were talking about this board on another server. It’s not a bad looking board, but the Double-G, Double-B, and the gap between them got a lot of attention.

3 Likes

That gap would drive me crazy; it’s not huge but it’s right there. Otherwise, this looks like an extremely solid Arisu option.

6 Likes

Why the extra G? Is there so legit reason other than just being different? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah that extra G looks weird.

Finally got my Ava and built it after a long wait. Looking forward to spending more time on a review for it.

5 Likes

The Mokulua is one that hits close to home for me, a split Alice-like. Just an FR4 plate with an acrylic bottom, nothin’ but the breeze in the middle. TBH I wish I hadn’t missed out on the UM-A, but this looks cool if you’re looking for a CHEAP cheap entry into a split Alice-like. It’s up in IC now with a $60 target price set for the late Feb GB launch from MechWild. Here’s the product page and the IC form.

2 Likes

Nick from keychron mention that there likely will be 4 variants: double g , single g, with knob and without knob.

They haven’t updated their webpages yet, but it does feel like keychron is listening to the community. Depending on how well their arisu does they might make a 75% version

3 Likes

I’m surprised Keychron is offering both single-G and double-G versions, but I applaud the flexibility on that! I agree that Keychron has been incredibly responsive to the MK community; they’ve made huge progress in the past two years while still keeping prices reasonable.

Hey, gamers need a way to say “gg” fast…

2 Likes

The Spring is running tomorrow at 6PM EST from OwLab on http://qwertykeys.com/

https://owlab.notion.site/owlab/Spring-Sale-Info-updating-a3b71fc672464027a2676527a1a0d142 It looks like a very nice Arisu board with a lot of thought put into aesthetics and a very nice little RGB bar on the left below the macros, which is where they should be. The shipping date claims to be very quick after the sale. Unfortunately the layout is very limited, especially compared to the just now shipping AVA which seems to be readily available on mechmarket and shares a similar right-side shift layout. I prefer having some more options around the spacebars.

Discord link: OwLab

The Smallice is a cute tiny 40%ish Alice with arrows and notably ALL THE BRACKETS and other things old terminal people like me demand. Downside is here that it is stacked acrylic for the cases, so you’re gonna regret that, and it has not that great of a case shape. Smallice keyboard — KeyHive

2 Likes

The Aster Ergo TKL looks like an expanded arisu-ish layout. Way too expensive, starts at $590 for the “economic edition” which is hilariously bad unless this is made at a union shop where the workers are being paid real money for actually making it. That edition has no weight and there are other (more expensive) editions with weights. Only metal no PC. No photos of a complete prototype build with a PCB, and although the photos show a cute cat logo, none is included according to the red warning text on the product listing.

https://bahmstudio.com/products/aster-ergo-tkl-economic-edition

I am glad I don’t have the disposable income, it’s still too expensive, but the cat logo will be added back as an option for the Aster Ergo TKL. If I’m reading correctly the eyes have the indicator lights, pretty cool.