Arisu & Alice Layout Catchall

Ok, so i was thinking of getting the av4 thats in gb rn, is it any good? It seems pretty affordable, at like 215 for the full acrylic version.

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy stacked acrylic ever again, but that’s just me and the problems I ran into. Lots of people seem happy with that type of board, though I haven’t seen a lot of feedback about the previous GBs.

Hmm, what about the AVA, it is a touch more expensive but i do like the weight.

1 Like

Thoughts on the switch couture alice?

I have the AVA and absolutely love it. Best keyboard I’ve ever owned.

It’s stacked acrylic. Wouldn’t buy it.

I love mine. Stacked acrylic sounds great. The quality of SC’s work is really good.

1 Like

Fox Lab has an hourglass-shaped Arisu-ish TKL with F keys called Sand Glass Ergo and it looks interesting. Seems to be hotswap-only for now, so the main issue I’d have with it is the lack of another option for the thumb cluster on the left half. Supposedly ships three months after the GB ends, I find that very hard to believe. Price is pretty high at $525 but it comes with the wrist-rest. Sand Glass Ergo – Fox Lab

3 Likes
1 Like

Purple is sold out but blue is in-stock on this nice looking plastic board. Good layout from the looks of it.

1 Like

Cross-posting here in case anyone is interested:

2 Likes

Thanks for crossposting. I do not get why they have once again put the USB-C port off-center.

No problem. I can only assume it has to do with the case shape in the center? The port/daughter board is centered on the Maja v2, but that case design is a bit simpler. View of the Kunlun internals:

2 Likes

More thoughts: Macros should be on the left, right hand is probably preferred for some folks. Good layout around the left space bar. The exploded view is odd with the wrist rest above the other components as if it were somehow part of the case, but the wrist rest has a cool cutout in the middle and it’s nice that it is included in the upfront cost. “Chrome coated” is already gone, probably ran out of Destros to melt down.

I’d get a black or burgundy one if I could, black would probably be an awesome match with SA Carbon.

Purple’s up at Space Cables.

https://spaceholdings.net/products/praxis-im?utm_source=thocstock&utm_medium=product_page&aff=23&variant=42932805304578

3 Likes

Keychron just released their Q8 (they call it Alice but technically Arisu).

2 Likes

Do we approve of this or not support it? I’m thinking about picking up a barebones.

1 Like

The barebones looks really good at its price point. You should go for it (using your own stabs of choice and lubed switches, ofc) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m ok with it. I think more support/publicity for the layout is a good thing and I don’t think it’s going to hurt the custom market for this layout. It seems like a very solid mid-range contender. The only thing that would give me pause is Keychron’s occasional QC problems.

1 Like

Maybe I will finally try on the cannonkeys CXA keycaps.
Does that set have the right keys included to do the arisu layout? CannonCaps CXA BoW/WoB – CannonKeys
Thinking mostly about the spacebars.