Cherry Copper from Novelkeys!

I got DCX Jasmine in, which are actually excellent. I put some pictures in What did you get in the mail today? - #8190 by sarvopari

3 Likes

Those are pretty decent prices for the Polycaps.

I just noticed that KDS Solarized Dark is only $49.99 for the base!

Here’s somebody who has all 3:

5 Likes

How do these NK cherry sounds? Lovely set!

Sound is really good. I knew that going in because I already owned a Sand PBT set from Novelkeys. To me they sound even deeper than ePBT. Very nice for switches that need to be quieted or toned down a bit.

2 Likes

Wanted to give an update on my missing spacebar. Novelkeys customers service was all over it, and I received the replacement in the mail withing a couple of days. Not that I had any doubts that they wouldn’t take care of the issue

I do have to agree with them sounding deeper than ePBT. Acoustically, they remind me of the Milkyway keycaps.

My only issue at this point is that the R4 alpha caps are looser fitting on switches than the other rows for some reason. On H1’s they completely fall off during use. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

3 Likes

I have mine on gateron FEI and they’re not loose

Hmmm…yep…I like this set. The oxidized accents are a nice touch. I’ve been very happy with my Novelkeys sets (Cherry Ember and Cherry RAW).

@pixelpusher I was not aware of the Chapter 1. Very gorgeous.

2 Likes

I have thought about this some more and …

what I would like to see is some beloved colourways return in the new manufacturers.

That would be NK Cherry, DCX, and even Cannonkeys. If PBT can handle it, it would be nice to see Shoko, Yuri, VoC, and Necro. Okay, maybe not the latter :smile:

Also, things that are currently stuck in high-profile, like SA Skywriter and 8010, could make a Cherry appearance among these manufacturers.

2 Likes

DCX / MT3 Phantom would make me extra happy.

3 Likes

omg Cherry Sail

2 Likes

Shenpo / XMI are absolutely affordable and more than good enough quality.

That’s true, and I use them. Though aren’t they mainly limited to beige and cream keycap colours?

And rbg / mint mods, yeah.

This was the board I bought Cherry Copper for. It was a long wait but worth it. :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Great Combo! That looks so good!

4 Likes

It really does, that board came together great @pixelpusher!

3 Likes