Coronavirus Vaccination!

Got my second shot yesterday! 2 weeks and I should be fairly safe from infection. I had no side effects from the first shot (Pfizer). But boy oh boy, that second dose sucked. I was fine until about 12 hours in. Woke up with chills and fever and body aches. Sucked the big one. Big headache and out of it today. Feels like I had way too much to drink. Hope we don’t have to do booster shots too often.

I got the first dose when I was volunteering at a vaccination center back in March. And now that my state is open to all adults, I was able to find a local clinic with spots available.

Anyone else getting or plan on getting vaccinated?

22 Likes

First shot this coming Monday.

6 Likes

I’m in the waiting area right now for the 15 minute allergy watch after my 2nd dose!

6 Likes

Second shot this week. Woot.

6 Likes

my country has priority lisst. Ill be on a list somewhere around end of this year maybe next if we somehow manage to actually get more vaccine

1 Like

Second shot next Wednesday! Then my social “square” (me, My partner and her parents) will all be fully vaxed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Looking forward to pfizer pt 2…

4 Likes

My wife had her first last week. Mine coming this Thursday.

3 Likes

I hope you dont’ have to wait that long. Hopefully vaccine production ramps up even more.

as we are facing a hard lockdown after not even really being out of the past one I can only hope

1 Like

My wife and I both got vaccinated at the same time. My mom and my brother and my in-laws are all fully vaccinated. The thing that stinks is my son is only 11. I hope they get the 12 and up approved soon so that he can get vaccinated after his birthday.

I know he’ll most likely be fine if he gets it, but he worries.

6 Likes

My wife is a teacher so she has already received both. I’ve had my first one and my second is about 20 days away. I got a little fatigue and a headache from the first shot (Moderna). I’m not looking forward to the second, but side effects from a vaccine are much better than the alternative.

1 Like

No one talks about the effect this whole era has had on kids. I feel for him. Tell him someone out here is thinking about him. Hope he feels better about things soon. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

I got my first this past Thursday (Moderna). Aside from some pretty bad arm pain the next day no side effects. My second is on the 29th. Most of my friends are fully vaccinated already and celebrating their regained freedom, I can’t wait to join them in May :joy:

1 Like

Here in Canada, we’re a little behind. My dad, who’s 79, got his first shot of Pfizer today, and my mom who’s 72 will get hers tomorrow. They’re delaying second shots for everyone (due to supply issues) so their second shot isn’t scheduled until the end of July. I’m 40 and I have no idea when I’ll get a first shot. I have a number of colleagues in California, and it sounds like they’ll be getting shots in the next few weeks, which is great!

4 Likes

Get my first tomorrow morning!

3 Likes

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

What country is that?

Ze German Republic of political idiots

Ah, I see…

How was it?