Coronavirus Vaccination!

It was super easy. My brother told me to take some tylenol beforehand and I haven’t experienced any symptoms yet.

2 Likes

Nice! I hope your second dose goes as easy as your first.

1 Like

They told my mum the same but after didn’t work she felt a bit weak for 3 days after astrazaneca

That second dose is a doozy. I had chills, fatigue, aches, and a low-grade fever the day after. Much better today. My neck is pretty stiff but that might be from sleeping like a rock last night.

6 Likes

I got my shot last weekend. It was the Johnson & Johnson shot so I don’t have to get a second one. The only side effect I had was that i was super tired the following day. I think I slept like 10 hours that night LOL (and I normally have insomnia!)

2 Likes

Nice. I haven’t seen any J&J shots around here yet, but I think they’re going to be a large portion of vaccinations moving forward, right?

If so, lets hope that it’s preventative statistics go up.

1 Like

Yeah, I believe so. I can’t remember the name of the other company but there is supposed to be another company to help with manufacturing. Generally speaking the 2 shot dose is a logistical nightmare because apparently, they sort of “hold” that second dose for people and some times they don’t show up.

Although I think that’s happening less since manufacturing seems to be in a steady supply now, which is also why more states are opening up eligibility for them.

1 Like

I got my second Moderna shot last week so I’m also all vaccinated! No vacation plans for me until next summer (Alaska Motocamping trip with my best friend) :smiley:

:pray:Hopefully we can up the rate of vaccinations across the world for the safety of everyone

10 Likes

From what my brother was telling me (he’s a doctor), the argument in the medical community seems to indicate that having a larger population with a vaccine that’s 76% effective is better than having half the same population with a vaccine that’s 94% effective. I guess they are looking at the population as a whole to stop the transmission of the virus.

3 Likes

Got my first one today - I hear the second one isn’t fun, but hey, small price to pay!

5 Likes

My company now has started testing every week because many of us can’t be vaccinated yet.

Doctor really jammed that tester high into the nose yikes.

But at least I always know now

3 Likes

Not yet vaccinated, i’m not at risk so it’s not a problem for me and i prefer people at risk to be the first to be vaccinated. Btw i made covid two times, so i guess my body is able to fight it on it’s own.

2 Likes

Wow! What an immune system - that’s pretty awesome. +1 for the community-consciousness. :slight_smile:

I haven’t gotten a test yet, but the shots just opened up to my “phase” group where I live yesterday; I was born with asthma, and have some other breathing issues. I’ve spent lots of time connected to oxygen equipment (every night if I’m behaving myself), but not a ventilator yet - knock on wood, I hope to never find out what that’s like!

3 Likes

Our state did antigen tests and a vaccinated person as up to 50000 antigens. A person who had covid about 50 so still be careful

3 Likes

I’m not in the “at risk” group so I’m not too worried about myself, and I’m more worried about other people getting it from me.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that you weren’t at the top of the rollout list!

It varies a lot by state; as much as mild-to-moderate respiratory diseases like mine put me at risk, it’s not nearly as much of a statistical risk factor as living in a nursing home or working in a hospital. I honestly thought it would take longer!

Many states simply allow you to identify yourself as a smoker as a pre-existing condition to jump ahead of the line.

Sort of crazy that a personal bad habit qualifies as a pre-existing condition, but apparently there is some evidence of a link between smoking and a higher mortality rate with COVID-19.

Apparently there is some evidence of a link between smoking and a higher mortality rate.

Fix your post :wink: