Coronavirus Vaccination!

Not really crazy. My having been a smoker is why I’ve been holed up at home for more than year now. It’s a real risk. And I’m old as fuck so my first shot is coming up in 2 days.

1 Like

Risk for contraction sure, but survival is another story. Also, I bet it’s far easier to gather statistical data for hospital workers and nursing homes than people with vulnerable conditions in the public at large. I do understand that the vaccine rollout it more geared to stymying the spread of the virus moreso than protecting any particular individual or group.

1 Like

Second shot tomorrow. First shot, no problem.

The second shot laid my wife out big time but only for a very finite time period.

Small price to pay.

4 Likes

I had the fire Pfizer dose last Friday and had a dull headache for the following two days. Got very lucky and scheduled one right when Colorado announced all adults to be eligible.
Ready for some meetups and live music!

4 Likes

Just got my second shot a couple hours ago! I feel more relieved than I anticipated. It’s been a tough year.

7 Likes

Second dose achievement unlocked!

5 Likes

Best of luck man.

Thanks! Just mild arm pain so far (which didn’t happen with the first dose). Nothing unbearable.

2 Likes

My first shot in about 2 hrs. Let’s go!

11 Likes

Got my second yesterday. Four or five hours afterward I got really dizzy and tired, went to bed at 8pm and slept for 8 hours (which is odd for me)… lol. Feel a little weird today, but no fever like my three friends who got theirs at the same time.

As other’s have said, small price!

(sorry for kind of spamming my life, I just like you guys).

5 Likes

FYI, I survived my vaccine shot. No need to rez me.

8 Likes

Second shot hit me 12 hours later - stiff muscles all over, exhaustion. Slept it off last night and now feel mostly fine, just a little hazy which another night of good sleep should take care of.

5 Likes

I received my second shot yesterday around 4 pm. They were doing counts of the line and bringing the shots out from the back 1 b1. They really use up every last shot for the day and don’t waste a single one!

The anticipation of feeling awful hit me yesterday. I tossed and turned all night thinking the chills and aches would come any minute.

They never did. I suppose I am one of the lucky ones. My arm is a little soar but that’s about it.

I’m relieved it’s all over. What a year!

3 Likes

Once you get vaccinated, don’t forget your donuts :slight_smile:
https://krispykreme.com/promos/vaccineoffer

5 Likes

Woohoo. 2 weeks and you can live your life with less worry!

Besides the donuts, anyone else have plans?

My wife and I are trying to find a way to celebrate in a week from now (will be fully vaccinated). Maybe just eat out at a restaurant. Could go to the movies, but I’m not sure what will be worth seeing.

3 Likes

I finally got a first appointment two weeks from today, but its 75 miles away in the central valley and I dont drive :upside_down_face: seems like it would be okay to bike for the first one but i’m worried about side effects for the second one so it sounds like I might get to have a big public transit adventure out to the central valley

3 Likes

You won’t feel any side effects until the next day probably.

I felt fine after the second dose and then was fatigued all day the day after.

1 Like

A large steaming bowl of Phở :ramen: is in our plan.

5 Likes

wow 150 mile day with vaccine break in the middle. you’re an animal!

1 Like