Coronavirus Vaccination!

haha its mostly flat the whole way. I’ve been training for a 240 mile/24hr ride this summer so gotta take the training opportunities as they come lol

2 Likes

Just got a J&J shot from Kaiser. Sounds like there are a lot of sites in Southern California doling out J&J right now whether you’re eligible or not. I don’t have facebook but that’s what my mom has been telling me.

4 Likes

City of LA has vaccines available to everybody 16+ as of last night!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! How do you sign up? Or is it first come first serve?

I got the Johnson & Johnson shot yesterday. Waited two hours in the car for it, but both my wife and I got vaccinated.

Downside was, I came down with a fever overnight and ended up sleeping most of the rest of the day while feeling pretty sore. I’m starting to feel a bit rough again as I type this as my back is starting to ache.

However, my wife says she’s not feeling anything apart from a sore arm.

3 Likes

I’ve been in a similar boat most of the day. I was able to take a dip in a pool this afternoon which made me feel a lot better.

I have a friend who got J&J last month and said that the day after was the worst. Still felt the effects on J&J Day+2 but was much better.

It is weird how much of a crap shoot it is for side effects. I will say that I got TDAP shot (tetanus+) in the fall and I had a low-grade fever at night for the next week or so.

1 Like

Through Carbon Health. There’s now a 16+ option in the drop down asking how you qualify

1 Like

Just got the first shot waiting my 15 minutes!

Also pondering split backspace while I wait lol

10 Likes

2nd shot yesterday. Mildly achy, but that’s actually a great shot result for me.

9 Likes

First shot of Moderna on Monday evening at Safeway of all places (couldn’t find any other places with open appointments. Now that I am eligible (on the 17th) I didn’t want to wait any longer. My arm really hurt after about 4 hours and then on-off until last night when my girlfriend rubbed some CBD oil (*) on the area and it almost immediately felt fine. Generally feel better today… so ready for the 2nd shot in three weeks!

• don’t try this at home unless it is legal where you live.
2 Likes

They know I’m yakuza…

7 Likes

LOL.

and good luck to you. I hope you don’t feel yucky later. Well worth it though, even if you do.

I have water and weed I should be okay.

5 Likes

just had my first dose of moderna earlier today, definitely making use of my water and weed over here, feeling pretty sick.

6 Likes

It really is! I was up with anxiety until 2 AM the day I got my second shot, waiting for the aches and pains. It never came.

1 Like

Yup. My wife’s arm was swollen for a full week after her first Moderna shot while all I had was a minor arm ache for a day after first Pfizer shot. Fingers crossed for our second shots due next week.

1 Like

that is great to hear!

I felt pretty good about two days after my shot luckily this time, no drawn out reaction like I had with the TDAP. I’m almost two weeks out now from J&J so I’m hopeful that I have some level of protection

Got my second dose on 4/20 and it did not get me high :frowning: lol I felt REALLY bad yesterday, aches, fever, etc, but today I am back to normal.

Edit: Second dose of Moderna

4 Likes

Didn’t die from the J&J shot. Neither did my wife. Only I came down with the flu symptoms in the end.

1 Like

Well, that’s certainly good news!