Coronavirus Vaccination!

A bit late checking-in; got my second Pfizer jab last week. I was totally prepared to feel like garbage the next day, but I think I got off easy with just some arm soreness.

Definitely takes the stress off working in a building where maybe 3% of the people inside respect the sign on the door. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Same as me, just a bit of soreness and tiredness after the second shot.

1 Like

Got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday. I’ve felt like I have a flu and a hangover simultaneously since the middle of the night. Big suck. :frowning:

5 Likes

Sounds like what I had. Hope you feel better soon

1 Like

2nd pfizer as well and while i’m not keen on feeling like a car hit me (and the subsequent poor sleep) i am grateful to finish the series. it affords some peace of mind while i wrestle with the additional implications of voluntary vaccination: that coworkers will and STILL have not elected to be vaccinated (HOW, and miss me with your droplets); that i have to remind older relatives it is not a perfect defense against common sense because their elderly friends are stupidly also being risky and foolhardy, increasing their external activities back to near pre-pandemic level.

i feel bad that people are chronically fatigued and would hang the precautions. i can only control what i do argh

2 Likes

My sisters workplace called today. I will get vaccinated on Wednesday with biontech so relieved to finally have a chance to get this

6 Likes

Just got my second dose waiting my 15 min!!! Happy to be safer. Still have young kids though so still expecting to be cautious.

8 Likes

Good luck! Got my second Pfizer dose over the weekend. Felt a mild fatigue for two days that made it difficult to focus, but nothing otherwise.

6 Likes

So after the first biontech at first I felt normal. Then I felt like my muscles were tired. at night I woke since I had rolled onto that side and my arm was super painful for the next day, I was also still fatigued muscle wise. Today I am fine.

4 Likes

My mums whole vaccination was kinda chaotic.

The first she got was Astra. But then my state forbid it for people her age so the second shot she couldnt get. Then they allowed it but only if she signed a waiver. She did that but the vaccination centre still refused. So she waited for normal doctors to get Astra but then those dr. told her they wouldnt. So she spoke to a doc my sister works with whjo said she can get the second one Moderna and it would be good since its 2 different vaccinations.

She had that shot on sunday and has been feeling bad since. Cold bouts, headaches and muscle aches.

My second shot is this saturday. not looking forward to it

4 Likes

Best of luck

2 Likes

Got my second one this saturday and luckily had no side effects. Finally a worry off my shoulders

6 Likes

same here, got 2nd on sat as well. so far, so good. no side effects

6 Likes

First shotaroo today. I work from home and have an unwarranted fear of people in white coats and syringes, so I’ve been procrastinating a bit. Hope I don’t have a bad trip.

7 Likes

you got this! but do stock up on some tylenol or advil and some food to eat so you don’t have to go out for a few days, just in case.

1 Like

i had mistaken assumption that the jab itself would be painful but turned out to be uneventful, i hardly felt it

1 Like

Tylenol/acetaminophen only! For some reason you aren’t supposed to take ibuprofen for a day or two after getting the shot.

2 Likes

thats what we were told as well if i remembered correctly. just panadal, no painkillers

1 Like

Ah right. Sorry op forgot about the restriction on other painkiller types. I just typically prefer naproxen / find it more immediately effective

odd my doc told me Ibu

But welp I was okay anyways.