Coronavirus Vaccination!

Two days is too short a time to get a dog. And it’s not clear if it was the dog that prevented side-effects. Hmm.

2 Likes

I’ve got my first AstraZeneca shot scheduled for this coming Thursday, in a small town an hour outside of where I live (I live in Ottawa, Canada). It’s been super hard to schedule appointments here, with demand far exceeding supply, and the smaller towns seem to have easier to get appointments. And I’m irrationally worried about the AstraZeneca blood clot issue, even though it’s incredibly rare.

I’m curious, for those that have received a Covid vaccine and experienced side effects, do you get side effects from other vaccines too? For instance, I never get any side effects from the annual flu shot, but I have a friend who always feels awful the day after the flu shot. I’m wondering if there’s a correlation there.

3 Likes

I don’t normally have any side effects from the flu shot but after the first Moderna shot the closer I got to 24 hours after the injection my arm’s range of motion got pretty restricted without some sharp pain.

I get my second on Thursday morning and I already took Friday off so I can just sleep it off if I have to. Fingers crossed I’ll just be able to treat it like a 3 day weekend.

3 Likes

I also never really got side effects, but Moderna really kicked my ass for a few days after my first jab, haven’t even had my second yet.

1 Like

Almost every year I get the flu shot I feel horrible for the rest of the day, but I experienced no side effects from my covid shots.

1 Like

It’s so random! Just like the virus itself!

My first Moderna shot didn’t do anything to me except give me a sore arm. But I took the second one yesterday morning… and holy hell what a terrible night. Everything from chills, nausea, body aches, and headaches. Hoping it passes soon.

9 Likes

My wife just got her second Moderna shot. She got itchy right away and her arm started swelling like pancake already.

2 Likes

Hopefully that’s the worst of it

3 Likes

Nah. I think the worst part hits after 10 hours.

1 Like

Same for me, 2nd Moderna on Tuesday and had all the same as you. Yesterday was horrible. Today everything gone but the body aches, hopefully those pass soon too.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like I’m almost completely passed it now. Around 3pm yesterday I noticed that almost all side effects had dissipated. Today I just feel like I’m at the end stage of just getting over a cold. Hard to really describe what that feels like. Good, but not good enough to go outside for a run or anything like that.

2 Likes

I got my first shot a couple weeks ago and i am getting my second in 2 weeks

3 Likes

My wife didn’t suffer much after her 2nd shot of Moderna. Same with my 2nd Pfizer shot today. Just aches and a few waves of sharp spasms that made me feel like :oden: but no big deal. Water is fine on the other side. Calm and peaceful. :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

It’s been almost 24h since I got my second Moderna and I’m feeling mostly fine as well. Feels like my body is running a bit warm but not enough that I’m getting typical fever problems. Overall I think my first dose was actually worse with the arm pain I had, but I think that was because I was clenching my muscles more during the first shot.

Learned yesterday that community member SirCheddarKevin is hospitalized with COVID and has it quite badly in his lungs. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

4 Likes

I got my first AstraZeneca shot yesterday, about 24 hours ago. Other than a sore arm, which I always get with shots, I’m feeling pretty good so far!

2 Likes

I keep hearing about new theraputics for covid-19. Let’s hope he’s getting the best treatments available and recovers fully.

1 Like

I spoke too soon saying I felt fine right when I woke up :upside_down_face:

The fever got worse and stayed through most of the day. Lost my appetite and sense of taste, but taking acetaminophen and drinking a ton of water got me through it. Still didn’t have nearly as much arm pain as the first one but this was definitely worse.

That’s no fun. Hopefully you’ll feel better soon.

1 Like