Desk Pads / Desk Mats

Super good list! I just was on a hunt for the switch diagram ones, finally Flashquark added the Cherry diagram pads, so I ordered the orange on black version. Keyclack has the Topre diagram (though it is expensive) and I really hope Mike at Novelkeys designs a Kailh BOX switch schematic desk pad.

Interesting. Do you remember what the reason for failure was?

The ones Iā€™m currently contemplating doing will be hand-made in California from Italian leather and fancy beyond all decent contemplationā€”like HermĆØs-grade fancy. So if the OCo ones failed because they were too expensive, maybe thatā€™s a bad sign. :thinking:

1 Like

I have a whole desk mouse pad from https://www.mousepads.cool that fits my standing desk perfectly. Itā€™s 60" x 30", and Iā€™m very happy with the quality.

When I ordered it it was 60 bucks.

The website looks so bad, but I would definitely order from them again.

The failure came from the high price, but I think that was because he tried to only run it for the keyboard community which was as developed at the time. I think if he (or anyone) ran a nice leather table mat now it would make the numbers needed.

Any luck with Shiden Kai mats?

Rama works canvas desk mat.
I personally think the 60cm by 25cm dimensions make it pretty meh for mouse users but would be pretty good for Trackball users.

Iā€™ll probably get it for work.

The first Rama product which you wonā€™t have to save up for.

Excuse me for adding your suggestion so late.

I have a few deskmats on dixiemech.com

1 Like

Thatā€™s great. Been trying add it but the store is being updated. At least, thatā€™s what I see there.

I feel like Glorious PC Gaming Race should get some special mention as well, no one makes mousepads as large as theirs.

Whoops! I own two of their desk pads. Wonder how I forgot about them. xD

Anyone know good desk mats/pads that arenā€™t black or have busy designs? I really just want a basic white, blue, or gray one. Thanks.

Glorious PC Gaming Race has plain blue or white pads.

Thereā€™s also the faze mousepad from steelseries that aside from their logo is just plain red, so itā€™s not too busy.

Other than that the only plain mousepads I can think of are all black.

1 Like

I have a leather mat from amazon and love it but Iā€™d be all over something of higher quality. I really liked those leather mats at the apple stores when the apple watch came out but they wouldnā€™t let me buy one.

Those mats at the Apple store were an initial inspiration to me on this project! My quest to find a qualified vendor that can do really high-end leather work and also the 3D inserts continues. Iā€™ve made some progress but still donā€™t have all the details worked out. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh god, donā€™t see that threat :smile:

I have a desk mat from NovelKeys (received today) and i have a question, is it normal that it smells like hell ? Itā€™s just no way to have that in my office. For the moment i put it outside and hopping the smell will leaving after 1 or 2 day outside.

Do you also had that kind of issue and whatā€™s the solution ?

Except that, the quality is great, just a little bit surpise with the smell :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™ll second the recommendation for InkedGaming. I had a custom deskpad printed for the closing photo in one of my recent build logs, using an image of a white sand beach. The print clarity is quite good - you can clearly see the grains of sand above the board, and the blurred sand below the board is as it appears in the source image.

Hmm, that is kinda weird. I just got my Jamon desk pad last week & it doesnā€™t have a smell to it at all? Hopefully letting it air out for a day or two will kill the smell, if not I would send Mike an email about it. Oh, I believe the pads are machine washable so you could try washing it, but that will probably make it not renturnable.

When I got my nautilus deskpad it smelled like hell as well. Just rubber thingsā€¦

2 Likes