Desk Pads / Desk Mats

funny seeing semiotic in this post. I just mounted it for the first time in a few years this morning. I really wish I would have picked up more sets back then. Sadly I only own the numpad and base TKL set.
And now I have almost no standard layout keyboards. lol

Deskmat looks nice!

There definitely a difference in stiched edge quality from manufacturer to manufacturer (can only reference by vendor and who they choose). The deskmats I own from Novelkeys are flawless on the edges whereas other vendors have been spotty. The sushi deskmat from Kono that I received recently is a travesty ā€“ there are gaps in the stiching everywhere, rough spots on portions of the fabric surface, and the colors couldnā€™t be further off from the renders (possibly proto photos). I have definitely observed a direct correlation between quality and the mat thickness that the vendor chose.
The 3mm mats tend to not only be a less expensive option, but a lower quality all said and done. I recently purchased the Linus Tech Tips mat and have been really pleased by the texture and quality (I know they put a lot of research and money into it).

Have you found any good options in this general size, @Eloi? I have the Rama Canvas and itā€™s pretty much the perfect size, but the edges are getting frayed since itā€™s not stitched.

@korbin73, have you used that X-ray shop? Their prices seem reasonable and the customization is great! Just curious if you or anyone else can vouch for the quality delivered.

2 Likes

I have ordered two different. Went pretty much flawless, tho one custum print turned out a bit pale, but I suspect it was the type of surface I choose fault. (equate)

1 Like

You could try https://keebmat.com/

1 Like

@ListlessLlama Yep! Iā€™m using the pad I purchased from them right now. I also have that rama deskmat that you have in your post so the size need is the same for me. The sides of the mat hasnā€™t started fraying yet since they are woven.

The interesting thing is that I have changed up my workspace a little and have moved on to using a thumb controlled trackball now. I have never been a fan of cloth mousepads because they seem to be oil magnets and get gummy and need to be washed. If I was buying today, I probably would go with keebmat instead. Because I was really looking for a mat for my boards for making them sound better.

Thanks for the replies!

I was also looking at the Equate style, so thatā€™s good to know. I may darken the image a bit more and see if that helps.

Glad to hear the quality was good!

I have repeatedly considered keebmat for months; itā€™s a great idea and Iā€™ve heard nothing but good things. My concern is that the keebmat height plus the board height would make it a bit too uncomfortable for my wrists since I like to rest them on the soft mat. If I ever get into the hover hands habit, I think Iā€™d definitely go the same route.

1 Like

I was gifted some keebmats Iā€™ll probably never use, if you want to try them out, let me know and we can figure out shipping

6 Likes

Thatā€™s very generous of you and I really appreciate the offer! Iā€™m going to try an experiment this weekend to see if the general height seems ok before I take you up on the keebmat; the last thing I want to do is take up your time to ship it out before Iā€™ve done some due diligence on my part! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just a FYI, not sure if it helps but, we do ship out all keebmat orders with custom 3mm tall bump-ons to raise your wrist rest in case the height difference only on the board side is an issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was really worried about this as well. I can say from my experience the slight height difference was not a super big factor. :beers:

CannonKeys has a good number of in stock deskmats too :slight_smile:

Going to necro this because there really isnā€™t any other post and making a new one seems too muchā€¦
would anyone be interested in a gaming mousepad ~40-45cm/15-18in square/rect?
If so, which one is your favorite brand/texture of all gaming mousepads out there - if you own it or notā€¦ which one you think is the best?

Iā€™ll leave here the most voted ones so far - any other suggestions are welcome:

• artisan otsu
  • artisan hien
  • artisan zero
  • zowie g-sr
  • zowie g-sr-se
  • lgg saturn pro
  • logitech G640
0 voters

2 Likes

Cerapad Kin