Fun Between your Legs! (Cycling Thread)

There is a Cannondale Synapse with ultegra groupo for a little bit more above my budget available locally in pretty good condition :eyes:

1 Like

I had an allez briefly about ten years ago, I also sold them for a few years at shops I worked at, I think it’s hard to go wrong with (or at least was ten years ago). If it’s still the bike I remember it’s fast and responsive and lots of fun to get out on. The only bad thing I remember about it was that the geometry was a bit aggressive and for really long rides (like all day) I preferred my touring bike. Could just be I didn’t have it dialed well enough though.

1 Like

Definitely set aside an extra few hundred dollars for a professional bike fitting session

100% agree with this. Super important for a road bike. The Specialized shop I used to work at included a professional fit with all road bikes, just had to pay for any needed parts to get the correct fit, i.e. stem, saddle, drop bars, etc.

1 Like

@Manofinterests, @dwarflemur is on the money–get a bike that caters to the type of riding you’d like to do. For short, punchy rides, go for aggressive bikes like the Allez or anything advertised as “sporty” and “responsive”. For longer, meandering trips, go for the Synapse or anything advertised as “endurance”. The difference between 105 and Ultegra is pretty miniscule these days and, if you’re working within a budget, I don’t think the upgrade is worth going over. I’d offer up my 105 Synapse that I haven’t been using, but it’s a bit old and I take it you’re not down for a road trip to Oregon.

1 Like

Agreed, 105 is a pretty decent, reliable groupset.

1 Like

Despite the heat, I had a relaxing 14 mi ride yesterday

Check out my activity on Strava: 14.0 mi Ride Activity on July 19, 2020 by Huey H. on Strava

3 Likes

Nice! I went out mountain biking on my touring bike this weekend, it was pretty sillly haha. I def had to do some walking

2 Likes

Woo 20 miles today, who else did some weekend riding?

1 Like

I did an FTP test. It was terrible.

My mess of parts!

4 Likes

I was looking at my commuter in the office today and realized all my bike pics have crap lighting so I snapped this

3 Likes

Hi friends, good to see cyclists everywhere! Just wanted to share what’s in my bag for the ride home tonight :relieved:

2 Likes

OK, I slowly injecting love for biking to my kids :wink:
If you have a chance to get the STACYC to your little ones, don’t hesitate (great fun).

stacyc-g

2 Likes

How is it riding one of those? Those look pretty fun!

1 Like

My ride

bike

11 Likes

They’re fantastic, to be honest :slight_smile: I regret I didn’t pull the trigger much sooner. Both my boys love it (3 & 6). It’s a bit different than healthy biking (because of the throttle). However, more fun, I would say, and we can make longer trips. They have three speeds, where the 3rd one is pretty fast. The youngest learned to balance much quicker thanks to them.
I also care about a real biking experience :wink: so we using standard bikes as well, alternatively. One of them is Canyon Offspring AL 16, which is pretty awesome (really solid and stable).
Biking is fun.

2 Likes

Gotta get some foot retention and that bike will be solid!

Is that a back brake only? Is it fixed or single speed?

1 Like

Back break single speed. I’m not hipster enough for a fixie.