Fun Between your Legs! (Cycling Thread)

Oh yeah, it’s amazing how good they feel, the BB7s were awesome when the bike came out but it’s from 2008 (I’m actually the third owner, I got it from a friend of a friend a few years ago) and newer ones really have improved a lot.

Not to compete with all the beauties in this thread, this is just a budget big box I bought back in 2013-14-ish. But I ride this one daily, just like my keeb, so why not share it. Large 6061 alu frame, decent fork, both brakes hydro - great deal for 400 USD.
Has been planning something fancier ever since, but looks like I am stuck with it for some time - local currency lost about 2.5 of its value since then but my paycheck is roughly the same.
But that’s fine, with a few simple mods the bike is a pleasure to ride. The only must replace items were seat post and pedals. I’ve later removed the front derailleur and large gear. The 26x2.50 maxxis Hookworm on the rear proved to be a stable comfortable silent ride on bumpy Moscow roads. Leather grips not just feel great but also don’t cool hands in cold weather as much.
Next year I will trim the handlebar and put a shorter stem. Maybe also put a simple light fork.

5 Likes

My 2 wheels :slight_smile:

9 Likes

aggressive. I like it.

1 Like

Is that a Hookworm I spy on the back there? Takes me back to my days of thrashing Knoxville on my old s(9six)…

yup, love it.

This turns me on so much. What a beauty!

1 Like

Now now :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! The position on a Madone takes a while to get used to, but in terms of aerodynamics its an amazing ride…

2 Likes

My trusty Cannondale CAAD10 has been my go to during this lockdown which has definitely encouraged a lot of biking amongst me and all my pals.

However, my Cinelli Mash is probably my most enjoyable bike to ride - its just having grown a bit older, having gears and being able to coast is definitely something that can be truly appreciated on longer rides (bought and built this in 2012 and is still going strong today!)

7 Likes

I’ve seen more fixies in this thread than I expected to. I don’t ride one myself, but I still like to see it - because I know that means people are having some righteous fun.

2 Likes

Did a 200k ride last week, only had one bakery stop, I won’t make that mistake again.

Also, nice to know I can theoretically climb Alpe d’Huez in under an hour, on Zwift anyway.

1 Like

dang that’s big time dude nice!!

So bold we get non drove side pic. I love it!!!

2 Likes

LOL. Just grabbed a pic I had in my phone. I really should snap some better ones :upside_down_face:

Updated pic of the steed

8 Likes

Nice. Is that a Brooks saddle I spy? The down tube reminds me of the old Griffen frames. I wanted one of those like nobody’s business when I was a wee lad.

1 Like

Brooks saddle indeed! it’s pretty comfy once broken in and you get used to it. Although I’ll probably switch it out in the future for a sportier saddle since I’ve been working on riding harder

2 Likes

The brooks cambrium saddles are amazing, easily my favorite saddle I’ve ever ridden, I have them on both my bikes now.

I went for a ride yesterday and thought to take a photo for this thread.

My commuter bike, a cheap (~5 Rama keycaps) single speed. It has a fairly narrow handlebar, quite handy for those times that I need to get in between two lines of cars.

I’ve only had it for a few months, so no modifications yet besides the phone holder on the handlebar. I was quite lucky to find it in my signature orange colour.

4 Likes