[GB] Cruciformer Pre-Order & Demo Video

I had a similar experience with laser on navies, but chalked it up to just being lucky

1 Like

I’m packaging the vendor orders now, hope to get them shipped out to vendors on Monday.

Yo, I’ve been out of it for like a year and just found out about this. I’ve got like 700 “boxgate” Jades I absolutely can’t afford to replace but also can’t really use any sets on. What’s the best way to get ahold of one of these?

I’ve left the site up as “pre-order” until I’m done shipping out all the pre-orders (packing the last orders and proxies this weekend) but you can still buy one at pre-order pricing.

1 Like

No email about shipping yet…
Makes me sad. :frowning:

Order #1763

Nothing about shipping for me either, not even sure which order number I had. :frowning:

No news from Mechboards.co.uk

The Mechboards order shipped today. The DailyClack order shipped a week or two prior. I’m shipping the remaining orders today.

Due to my own issues (Murphy’s Law level of equipment failure, personal issues, etc.) I had to wait for David to change addresses. Both proxy order were packed almost a month ago, but the chain of events prevented shipping.

1 Like

I just received my cruciformer and some cap cracker navies and jades. I have done 30 or so switches of both types and haven’t seen any shavings (I can see the nubs) and my calipers seem to report very little difference. My measurements are very off from your ones on stem width so it may just be my measuring technique though.

Has anyone had little success like me? What do you guys think is going wrong with mine? Here’s a video of me doing 1 of my switches and measuring it with calipers

Ouch. :frowning:
Thank you for your video.

Hey, @DegK, I’m replying here for visibility.
That’s definitely not working. I’ve tried to pause the video to see if there’s damage to the tool edges but I couldn’t quite make it out. Kind of a stupid suggestion, but have you tried just mashing it down? Unless the switch is mounted in a PCB, I haven’t seen issues with making sure the edge catches through force (I asked the keeb-illiterate guy in the demo video to just press and you can see he doesn’t have to baby it).

It goes without saying: IF THE TOOL DOES NOT TRIM OFF THE NUBS THE STEM IS NOT SAFE. I’m starting to worry that this last batch of tools has QC failures (I will halt sales if its verified). :worried:

1 Like

SHIPPING UPDATE

Both proxies have shipped (DailyClack about 2 weeks ago, EU 8 days but is held at a warehouse (good thing I paid extra for fast shipping :frowning_face:)). All orders have shipped. I’m trying to get orders out the day-of.

I pushed down with my entire weight on a couple of them so the pressure wouldn’t be the problem. I took some better pictures of the cruciformer itself to see if you can see if there are any problems with the cutting edge. I have only cut maybe 200 switches max but even with the first 30 or so I checked the nubs were still there.

Are all uk orders shipped to proxy yet? still heard nothing form mechboards.co.uk
are they still operating?

Yep! All orders are sent. David is packaging the orders now.

Just got mine (and the jig) from mechboards.co.uk and sadly it doesn’t look like it’s working either…

Which side is supposed to be the cutting one?
The one closed to the sides and kinda rounded?
That’s what I guessed from this picture https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/bh445j/cruciformer_moq_tool_tweaks_dailyclack/
But that side does nothing to the nubs in my switches…
Actually the other side, the non-cutting edge is tighter fitting and does scratch some of them :man_shrugging:

the flat side part of the handle is supposed to be parallel to the LED slot of the switch

1 Like

When I do that mine doesn’t cut anything or do anything to the nubs, the thing is way too wide…

I tested the shipped tools on my remaining pre-tool switches and they trimmed them. If the tool isn’t trimming then that’s another bad one. :frowning: Have you tried rotating it 180 degrees?

Yeah, it doesn’t cut them out either way.
These are old, bad navys and jades pre-retooling I’m testing it on.
Sorry to say I seem to have got another bad one.
Is there a way to get a replacement or something for the people that bought them in the UK?