[GB] Cruciformer Pre-Order & Demo Video

Mine didn’t trim the nubs either

Oh, I didn’t check KeebTalk for a bit, sorry guys.

With this many issues popping up, I’m going to temporarily suspend Cruciformer sales until I can sort out what tools are from the bad batch. Again, if it doesn’t at least reduce or shave the nubs, it’s likely not trimming. Make sure you have good contact and are pressing straight down so the edges don’t get the .

I’m out of BOX switches to test on, but I’ve bought some pre-tool BOX switches and I’ll be using tools from the batch with issues on them then putting a GMK set on to test. My SA and DSA test samples (SP sets) are still fine on the first batch, will continue to report. I understand that my testing won’t perfectly mirror yours, but I’m trying to understand what’s happening here as I’ve seen some significant user error problems.

I’m planning on doing a post-mortem once I get more information because this has been a big learning experience for me. I never expected to be my own vendor and it’s been a wild ride.

Let me reach out to David just in case, I think that I’ll try to handle support/QC issues as the problem lies with the CNC shop failing and not him. Both MechBoards and DailyClack have been fantastic and patient proxies, I don’t want them to suffer for a manufacture defect.

Message me if you’re affected and bear with me as I try to get things sorted.

1 Like

Just sent you a message so you have my real name, I hope you can figure out the problem, but don’t go to crazy man, these things can be stressful as f… good luck!

Sending message here since I did not find any contact information on the shopify page. I ordered a cruciformer and a nexus jig in the beginning of november when ordering was still open. Is there any updates to this? I have not received any updates regarding the order.

Hey!

I’m so sorry, that should not have happened, could you message me your order number and I’ll refund you ASAP.

Thanks for getting back to me, answered in PM.

Any advice on how to sharpen the cruciformer?

Secondly, this might be a dumb question but would sharpening the cruciformer reduce the cut size. E.g. 1.28mm becomes 1.29mm?

Thank you

I sharpened mine by using stropping compound on a fine cloth (like glasses cleaner) on a sheet of glass or other hard surface. For the first batch I only needed a couple swipes every hundred switches or so - it only got difficult to use after a couple hundred. messing up sharpening shouldn’t affect cutting size as the channel pinches the cruciform of the stem and the edge just shaves off a bit. The second batch wasn’t jigged the same way as the first batch so they are a bit harder to use but that doesn’t seem to impair function.