[GB] GMK Phosphorous — colour-matching process has begun and more news

Keep both!

1 Like

Oof, you’re a bad influence lol

2 Likes

I thought I’d have no more than 3 keyboards at the same time. I was wrong. Embrace the dark side of the power. :joy:

2 Likes

EU GB for GMK Phosphorous @ MyKeyboard.eu closes at 23:59 in 4 hours. Last chance to get it with NorDEUK! :beers:

Probably final numbers.

1 Like

Dear GMK Phosphorous buyers,

I have some news regarding the NorDEUK kit…

Neutrons — the NorDEUK Kit

After weeks of negotiations with GMK in regard to the NorDEUK kit, we were unable to come to an understanding which would be financially feasible in any way. The costs that MyKeyboard.eu would have had to incur would have been so large, that I wouldn’t have wanted them to take them upon their shoulders.

So it is with great saddness :cry: that I have to announce, that NorDEUK will not get made. I admit I jumped the gun saying that “all kits will be made” but I truly believed, especially seeing all the other sets, that we’d get there.

This means that you now have a choice:

• you can get refunded for your whole order
  • you can get refunded for just NorDEUK, and keep the rest of the order intact

Either way, please contact MyKeyboard.eu via email, discord, etc.

Colour-matching process

The colour-matching process has been underway for a few weeks now and I’m currently awaiting samples from GMK. To top this off, my personal RAMA M60-A Moon Stealth should hopefully arrive very soon (I already have received my shipping information), so I’ll be able to do a comparison on and with a physical keyboard.

(Image by RAMA WORKS.)

I’ll get some pictures up as soon as I have all the necessary parts.

2 Likes

I didn’t go in for the set, and wouldn’t have for the Europe kit even if I did, so it doesn’t really affect me, but it kind of sucks to have been seeing “ALL KITS WILL BE MADE!!!1!!1” all over the place for a while there when that in fact was not the case.

1 Like

GMK was flexible enough with competing sets that we all believed NorDEUK would make it. Lesson learned. :frowning:

This is my RAMA M60-A Moon Stealth with the phosphor-filled enamel weight. The plastic chip is Pantone 311 C, which will be used for the legends and accent keys. This photo was shot under a mixture of muted natural light (very cloudy outside today) and strong yellow (warm) artificial light. I tried to tweak the white balance to make it as neutral as possible but it’s not perfect. Nevertheless, the phosphor-filled enamel is very very close to the chosen Pantone 311 C!

Waiting for samples from GMK!

1 Like

Made a quick photoshop of what Phosphorous will approx. look like on a RAMA M60-A, based on a photo of a another keycap set. It is not colour-accurate. The top of the keyboard is too purple-ish, the bottom a bit too light, while the keycaps themselves aren’t the exact shade of grey that they’re supposed to be. Anyway, just a teaser 'cos I can’t wait for samples any longer!

Colour samples should arrive in 1-2 days.

Please note this image is not 100% colour accurate too. I got it as close as I could to real life, but the lighting really sucks today (cloudy and ugly).

Because of the flat lighting, the difference between the different greys isn’t as obvious as in better light (wanted to refrain from using artificial lighting). So, to clarify:

• Pantone Cool Grey 11 C is slightly darker and cooler than Oblivion Alphas.
  • Oblivion mods have a darker and warmer grey.
  • Turns out that MoDo mods have an identical colour.
  • M60-A Moon Stealth is approximately Pantone Cool Grey 10 C.

When I saw this for the first time it said that it would have a slight glow in the dark. Is that still the case?

I said I’d try to make it glow. Unfortunately it wasn’t possible. Price would be x3 for that feature.

I see. But with that gone and no Nordic I won’t be crying anymore for not getting this.

There’ll be extras. :upside_down_face:

Daem uuuu!

Sorry, not sorry. :sweat_smile:

Will that happen soon or in like 6+ months?

Latest info from GMK says early July.

1 Like