Here is an update of what’s going on,
3 days left for GB
FYI, the PCB for the “PRESS” will have SMD RGB support.
I am thrilled to share a photo taken by friends in zFrontier.
There are also some upgrades to the design as well.
The most significant upgrade is that the center support post is now a removable piece. By keeping it or removing it, you can choose between an original"rigid" setup or a flexible “gentle” setup.
Foam pads will be provided for free, and you can put them underneath your PCB in a center post-less setup. They will work as dampening and noise-absorbing material.
I also redesigned the battery compartment. It is now 215 x 55 x 3mm (or 8.46 x 2.16 x 0.12 inches) without the removable center post. With it, the left side of the battery compartment is 85mm ( or 3.35 inches) in length, and the right one is 114mm ( or 4.49 inches).
These upgrades will be free for everyone join our zFrontier group buy. : )
The link is here FYI and the group buy is ending soon: https://en.zfrontier.com/products/grid600
Also, grid’s website is coming: www.gridisher!
grid 600 is a GH60 keyboard chassis featuring a 5.5° fixed angle, a battery compartment for potential wireless setup, high grit bead-blasted aluminum parts, and interchangeable cover modules.
Recent images and renderings:
- White samples, Type 02 “NEON”, and Type 04 “FLASH”
- Black samples, Type 01 “CLASSIC”, TYPE 03 “PEAKS”, and Type 05 “Press”
Chassis will be available in two finishes: high grit bead-blasted then black anodized, or fine white power coated. They look equally beautiful to my eye.
- Support most 60% PCB with standard GH60 mounting holes.
- Reserved battery compartment (100x50x3mm)
- 5.5° fixed angle
- USB-C daughter board and adapter cables for USB-C, micro USB and mini USB for easier cable connection and even more PCB support
All modules will be available in Black, Green, Purple and Rose Gold.
- Type 01 “CLASSIC”: A regular, “Model F”-inspired flat top.
- Type 02 “NEON”: Type 01 with three Swiss made self-luminous tritium vials. (Red, Green, Blue) (not available in u.s.)
- Type 03 “PEAKS”: Form inspired by mountains.
- Type 04 “FLASH”: Flat top with programmable RGB lighting.
- Type 05 “PRESS”: With four extra programmable Keys. QMK compatible.
- Type 06 “PAPER”*: With a 2 inch E-ink Paper. (Raspberry Pi Zero would fit in).
*Note that Type 06 “PAPER” will not be available in this group buy due to two reasons:
a. During our survey, it is not as popular as Type 04 “FLASH” or Type 05 “PRESS.”
b. The electronics development of Type 06 falls behind the others due to both hardware and interface are required to be developed, which takes more time.
More info of module Type 06 will be released after the group buy is finished.
Group buy information:
- GB will be on zFrontier, links here https://en.zfrontier.com/products/grid600
- Will go live on Aug 7th 0:00 PDT
- More information will be available on zFrontier as well.
Thanks to all people help this GB to come to live!