[GB] grid 600 group buy is here. Updates!

I got mine today. I love it.

1 Like

Finally finished my Grid600 build. I had the case cerakoted and I’m really happy with the result!
Purple Peaks module and SA Hyperfuse keycaps, matching rather nicely with my Violet Tendencies desk mat.

15 Likes

That’s looking great! That grey cerakote really works with that purple peaks module :eyes:

What switches are you rocking inside?

Thanks!

It’s got Gat yellows on a carbon fiber plate, GH60, and GMK stabs clipped and lubed. Could be a little smoother, but the feel and sound are overall very nice.

what color of cerakote is that?

The color is called Cobalt, I don’t have a brand or manufacturer, sorry. The color has a slight gold shift to it in the sun.

1 Like

This is so beautiful! Very nice pairings and modifications there.

1 Like

I mentioned above that I had ordered a couple of extra modules when Zfrontier made them available, and one of them did arrive a few days ago: the PRESS module. The extra FLASH module is nowhere to be found and Zfrontier is currently trying to figure out what happened to it. I don’t think I had ever even seen an in-hand photo of the PRESS module before, so I thought I would talk a little bit about it. It uses hot-swap sockets that you an add your own switches to, and the PRESS module’s PCB has its own LEDs and lighting effects, which I wasn’t really expecting.

By default the buttons function as F1-F4, but you can also access a number of other functions like media keys or controlling the PCB’s lighting effects by holding down one of the keys and pressing another one at the same time. I had sort of expected that it would function more as a macro pad, and there is a mention in the manual of a QMK source file, but I don’t have that. Maybe I will have to ask Grid what the status is. Although to be honest I mostly got this so that I would have a place to put artisans. I haven’t really decided which of my Grids I will be using it on, but it will probably be the black one.

3 Likes

That looks nice… I kinda wish I had gotten a PRESS. I saw in some pictures that there were blockers, but I didn’t see them offered when the extras went up for sale. Were they only for the GB? I tried emailing them to ask about it.

10 Likes

My black Peaks module finally got here.

5 Likes

I still can’t really tell if the Peaks module is completely flat with a pattern on it, or there is actually some depth to the peaks. This makes it look flat. Looks good either way. I kind of regret not getting one since I have one of all of the other modules at this point.

1 Like

Hey MJ, peaks definitely has some depth, it reflects light in a really lovely way.
I’m the opposite, wish I’d picked up a flash or press!

1 Like

Little bit late to the party it seems, but is there anyway to get my hands on one of these or shall I move on to the next one?

You could try setting up an alert for sellers on mechmarket, but they go really fast… Last one that was sold was gone 25 minutes after it was posted.

I spoke with them a few weeks ago and they said they should be having another GB soon (didn’t specify when though)

1 Like

Ah no way, that’s wild! Would you mind telling me who it was you spoke to so I could follow up on it?
Recently switched over from controller to PC and I’m kinda going in head first :joy:

I just went on their website and asked them a question through their “Contact Us” page lol

They’re pretty responsive

That’s nice to hear! Definitely going to get one this time.

1 Like

I thought I would post a PSA to Grid 600 owners in case someone ends up with the same problem. I was having an issue with one of my boards where it wouldn’t be recognized by any computer, but the FLASH module still functioned (so it was still getting power through the USB-C connector). I eventually narrowed it down to a problem with the daughterboard that you connect your keyboard PCB and flash module to. For some reason, this daughterboard on one of my boards had failed. Swapping just that piece between my boards allowed me to fix the malfunctioning one (and brick the other). So I knew what the problem was (if not the cause), but I wasn’t sure if I would be able to get a replacement.

I tried contacting Grid themselves and the person who originally handled the group buy at Zfrontier asking if it was possible to buy replacements. Zfrontier did get back to me saying that they would sell me replacement boards for $5 apiece plus shipping. Since shipping for one tiny board from China was pretty high and I wanted to be sure to have extras in case this were to happen again in the future, I got 4 of them. They arrived today and sure enough they allowed me to fix my other board.

2 Likes