Colors: Ultramarine, R1 Grey, Rose, E-white
- Klippe S mechanical keyboard top and bottom piece, CNCed in aluminium (Standard or Blocked Corners)
- Carbon fiber isolation layer for the plate mounting
- Aluminium Plate with either European, or American layout
- High quality, VIA compatible, printed circuit board designed by Wilba
- High quality packaging for storage, initial and future freight
- 4x stainless steel screws for the plate mounting, 6x stainless steel screws for the case mounting, rubber bumpons
- High density precision cut EVA foam infill for the case
- Brass plate upgrade
- PC plate upgrade
- E-White coating
- Extra aluminum plate
- Extra PC plate
- Extra brass plate
- Extra top standard
- Extra top blocked corners
- Extra PCB $60
- Extra CF isolation layer
Not included, but needed to complete the kit: PCB mounted stabilisers, switches, keycaps
Based on the Klippe T by Mekanisk, the Klippe S has some considereable upgrades. It is bottom mount, with an isolation layer. It is mounted in a way that makes the typing experience even and has a richer sound. There is now also an option for blocked corners.
Low starting height: 18mm (lowest on any Mekanisk board)
8 degree typing angle
Standard isolation in form of a carbon fiber layer for the mounting plate to rest on. This does help elimitinating the potential for pinging and metallic sounds from the keyboard. All in all, it is an affordable way to ensure that the keyboard sounds like you want it to, without costing you more than necessary.
Klippe S has a firm and even typing experience by default, this is due to the plate resting around the whole case. You can adjust flex by customizing the plate and isolation.
Klippe S has no weight, however it weighs around 1.3 kg.
How to buy
As many of you know, I do not start out a new design by selling a large amount of units, then make the kits more available later. Initially there was going to be a raffle, however there might be some kind of FCFS in addition, or maybe just that. We have a little more time to figure this one out.
First round will have approximately 50 units. The next rounds will have more, and might have a different pricing, design and options.
Might be available, depending on the success of the sample arriving within 14 days.
Pre-order November 2019, maybe december. Shipping early 2020 or earlier.
Klippe S at the Oslo, Norway mechanical keyboard meetup, ultramarine color and GMK solarized dark
Picture of the Klippe S prototype in “blocked corners configuration”
Pricing is not 100% finished, there will be some minor updates.