Hello Keebtalk, a while back I posted a picture here of a little PCB project I had been working on, well now I’m running a small group buy for those who might be interested in their own.
- Ortholinear PCB for 60% tray mount cases
- Designed to be easy to build with minimal soldering experience.
- All through-hole components, no SMD soldering required.
- Get that visible component aesthetic in a standard 60% tray-mount case.
- 5x12 (split Preonic) layout, full grid or 2x2u spacebars
- Supports both USB Mini and USB-C.
- Plateless or with FR4 switch plates.
- $22USD / €18EUR + shipping
I love my Planck’s layout but just sometimes wish I had a numrow, and I love my Plaid’s through-hole aesthetic but just sometimes wish it had a more premium feel, and I love my Let’s Split’s more comfortable ergonomics but just sometimes I find the having separate halves inconvenient.
And so the Lumberjack PCB was born. Through-hole visible component aesthetic, DIY build it yourself fun, standard 60% case support, split ortholinear layout.
Group Buy details:
- Group Buy open until 28th March
- Paypal invoices will be sent after that date for non-NA orders
- Kit production time expected to take 8 weeks after all invoices are paid
- USB-C connector and FR4 plates are an optional extra
- Microcontroller will be pre-flashed by myself with a bootloader and QMK firmware
- Kits will be shipped via PostNL from The Netherlands or from ThocKeys in Massachusetts
- Delivery times are expected to be long due to Covid, I’m expecting to have kits complete and ready for shipping in June
- Weekly updates on progress in the Geekhack GB thread
- Detailed build guide will be updated with images once I’ve built a test PCB from the production run: https://github.com/peej/lumberjack-keyboard/blob/master/guide.md
Thanks for reading this far, have a nice day.