[GB] the Heavy Grail, a Norbauer housing for the HHKB

Extremely excited to receive my first norbauer board in the K2 finish! Can anyone comment on the durability of the powdercoating after a few years? Any advice on cleaning the surface of the board as well?

1 Like

Thank you Ryan!!!

21 Likes

HiPros are

3 Likes

Aperture looks great! I cannot wait mine.

2 Likes

002 in veracity steel checking in! (Who’s got 001?!) It’s been a long road to get this one done, but well worth the wait. Your craft has come a long way since the first Norbatouch. Love it.

15 Likes

I was looking back on some history here on Keebtalk, and found this exchange from 2018… Amazed at how far this has come. All these Heavy Grails are looking fantastic.

12 Likes

Wow people are already flipping these.

the only thing that’s really surprising is that they are trying to flip them while they are still available in the shop

Presumably they’re options and finishes that are already sold out, of which there are many.

@norbauer, do you plan to restock plates for the Heavy Grail? I’m waiting on a pink one for my build, but I’m thinking I’d might like to have a black one.

1 Like

If we end up with a few spares, we might put a handful into inventory in the shop, but there is no restock planned beyond what we got in the original shipment.

3 Likes

OOf. In that case, DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXTA BLACK PLATE THEY WANT TO SELL? :rofl:

1 Like

Does this also imply the grail won’t be a board that’ll be available as a commission option?

Patiently waiting for the polycarb version…

Mine is ready :smiley:

15 Likes

Good lordy. That’s a sexy beast. Tell me about the keycaps.

Idea 23 Hi Pros :smiley:

1 Like

Is he active on any discord servers or reddit? Do I just have to visit his website every day to see if there are keycaps available? B/C I’ll do it…

I was personally following his instagram account, easy to find. The drops are pretty frequent. Oh he does post it in the mechmarket reddit too btw.

1 Like

He’s stopped taking new HHKB orders for now, not sure how long the hiatus will be