[GB] the Heavy Grail, a Norbauer housing for the HHKB

Thanks to a long and fruitful interest check here at KeebTalk, I’m proud to offer today the Heavy Grail, my aftermarket housing for the popular enthusiast HHKB from Japan.

I went to considerable technical lengths (and expense) to replicate the dampened bouncy feel of the HHKB’s resin plate by creating my own injection-molded switch plate. I have now officially gone so deep into keyboards, I don’t even recognize myself. :blush:

This is a complicated product, and there are tons of details over on the product page in my shop, but of course I’m available by email and here on KeebTalk to answer any and all questions.

I hope to have some build videos to share before the GB is over, which is December 16th.

31 Likes

Got my Aperture with pink plate, Thank you so much @norbauer

1 Like

Never checked out so fast as I did on this.

4 Likes

:eyes: It’s time

7 Likes

Ordered Veracity Steel / Pro 2 / Norbauer Pink.
Now the long wait…

3 Likes

Is it possible to buy an extra plate?
Got the pink

1 Like

yes, this.
I want an extra plate, so I can mod one of them.

Me to my children’s college fund:

f57

12 Likes

Never bought something so fast in my life, went into it pretending like it was a limited group buy.

4 Likes

All pink build for me :blush:

4 Likes

:partying_face:

1 Like

if there’s a round two grail release down the road, will there be any chance of a plain black-in-color stainless/aluminum offering?

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS
went k2 with pink plate :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Let’s go!!!

1 Like

Haha. Honestly, that’s thinking way farther down the road than I’m capable of doing right now, especially since these likely won’t even be done until summer. If you’re inclined toward dark sets, I’d recommend picking up an Aperture. :slight_smile:

Sure! I just whipped up a quick-and-dirty separate product page for that. Sorry it’s so expensive, but the plate also a big part why the Grail itself costs so much.

4 Likes

Is there any picture of Sunset Blvd with blank white keycaps? I am still deciding between the colors…
Also, any plans for matching keycaps down the road?

Unfortunately, I don’t have one on hand, but perhaps someone can use photoshop skills to mock it up. It would be a beautiful pairing, I think. Pink and white together are :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:.

2 Likes

Let’s go!!! K2 with the pink plate, super hyped!

3 Likes

Love this but I just wanna check that

1. Is this an unlimited group buy?
  2. Is the hhkb hybrid type s on the main hhkb website considered pro 2 or pro 3?
1 Like