[GB] the Heavy Grail, a Norbauer housing for the HHKB

Yes, if you get your order in before the GB close in a couple of weeks, I promise to do everything I can to get you what you ordered. :slight_smile:

If it’s currently for sale by Fujitsu, it would be a Pro 3. I’m also pretty sure the term “Hybrid” implicitly means “Pro 3.”

1 Like

I think an easier way to do it would be by the new nomenclature

Refreshed HHKB Line of Keyboards (Pro 3 line)
HHKB Classic (unofficially we call this the Pro 3)
HHKB Hybrid (Bluetooth)
HHKB Hybrid Type-S (Bluetooth + Silencing)

Maybe adding a paragraph explicitly stating that Pro 3 support refers to the three I have listed (with USB-C ports) whereas Pro 2 refers to the previous generation with the mini usb port

4 Likes

Actually, since we’re already doing the plates in Enigma Black (light texture in black color), if you want a housing in that color, just shoot me an email (shop@norbauer.com) and I can set up a bespoke option for you with that. I didn’t offer that an official color option only because I didn’t have a physical sample to photograph.

1 Like

Welp, well I told myself I would finally buy a keyboard housing from you as soon as you made something for the HHKB. I’m actually a bit sad not to see your logo on this one, but not a deal breaker by any means. I am excited to finally have a keyboard to put in the brand matching Keybrief 60. Naturally in practice I’m never going to actually do that, due to the weight, and will keep using that bag for my portable HHKB Hybrid, but still, it will be nice to have the option. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@norbauer just put in an order for an Aperture! Any chance of a black plate option? I went with white just for simpler color matching potential down the road with different keycaps, but black would be even more neutral. Thought I’d ask. Can’t wait for this thing!

Alas, the factory charges pretty high color lot fees, and two colors was already one more than I had intended until I got peer-pressured into adding pink. :sweat_smile: FWIW, the plate color is fairly minimally visible with the keycaps installed, so it’s a fairly subtle thing.

1 Like

The shape of my keyboards is the logo. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Veracity Steel obtained!

4 Likes

Wil the Pro 2 case fit a hasu controller?

The profile of the Hasu and the original Pro2 controller are identical, so it should.

SO stoked. Just going with k2.

Is there an ETA on shipping? Q3 next year?

Ignore that! Just finished reading the product page ha

1 Like

For anyone who has a Pro 2 and is contemplating grabbing a Hasu controller:

The Pro 2 case won’t have the usb hub.

To turn on BT with the Hasu controller you want easy access to one of the usb openings.

pics of Hasu in pro 2:

BT switch on left, nothing sticks out past the recessed opening.

1 Like

@norbauer which silencers did you use in the video?

They were sent to me by Deskeys.

1 Like

Would the Enigma Black bespoke option finish resemble the ones from the Norbaforce Touch, or the ones from the Heavy-6?

It would be an exact match for the rear cover plate image shown at the bottom of the Heavy Grail product description.

2 Likes

Ordered mine in K2 with the pink plate. Now it’s just a matter of managing my patience. So excited to finally own a Norbauer housing for my favorite keyboard :partying_face:

4 Likes

Ordered the Aperture with white plate. Now, the actual wait begins! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fun fact, your logo kind of looks like the Chinese character 用 (yours has an extra vertical line), the Chinese word means “to use” which is kinda fitting. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes