[GB] the Heavy Grail, a Norbauer housing for the HHKB

Home run setup

1 Like

drool, all mine are from norbazaar so only pink plates for me :cold_sweat:

I’m still waiting on my PC plate GOCF HG shipping notification. Hopefully someday as it’s been over a year now since I initially placed my order.

1 Like

There are eight left that haven’t shipped because we ran out of our custom bumpons, but those are arriving next week and we’ll get the remaining ones out.

FWIW, the GOCF with clear plates took forever to ship because the factory had substantially to re-make the mold in order to address an ejector pin mark issue that was causing us to reject the plates they were sending us. And that mold rebuild took them an absurdly long time to complete.

Woohoo! I guess I’m one of the lucky eight. :slight_smile:

Now that we’re getting to the bottom of the barrel on unshipped Heavy Grails (only a few GOCF and anodized remain), we should know our final numbers for everything soon. So we should should be able to offer up some remaining switch plates in the Norbazaar sale in the next few weeks, which I think may include a few clear ones and will definitely include some white and black.

To help prevent some mismatched components from going to waste, we’ll also be producing some more Aerospace Pro 3 housings to make everything balance out. I’ll put a pre-order for those up soon, but they likely won’t ship until the spring. (I’ve finally found an anodizer that does flawless work with a true 0% reject rate, but their lead time is crazy long, like around four months.)

3 Likes

hoh boy! that’s great to hear! I definitely need one as I messed one up on accident so the periwinkle HG is snug in its case, and I’ll try to nab at least one more to hotswap into MX style.

We’re all going to be fighting over those clear plates, lol.

Aerospace in person is quite a beautiful finish. I was originally going to let it go since I got some HGs in the norbazaar–but after seeing it in person it’s flawless.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve been trying to get perfect anodization for over six years, and this is the first batch I’ve been truly happy with–not having to reject a single one. This is the main I’ll be making another small batch to pair with what remaining parts we have: I can actually be confident that the number I order from the factory will match the number I feel comfortable shipping.

4 Likes

I just snagged one of these from the Norbazaar :grimacing:

1 Like

Indeed, those are up now here. Thanks for supporting this latch batch of A-stock Grails. (I know I said the the last batch would be the final one, but I didn’t realize how many unmatched parts we would end up with until Jared got everything counted up and all the pending orders ready for shipment this week.)

Some factory second Grails will also be listed on the Norbazaar later this week too. Those will ship in January and the A-stock Aerospace ones sometime in the spring.

1 Like

Thank you Jared :slight_smile:

https://i.imgur.com/BHn265I.png

5 Likes

lol. That is exactly what this has been like trying to figure all this out! You should see the spreadsheets we’ve had to make to try to get everything to balance out. :man_facepalming:t2: The HG has a lot of little essential parts, right down to the gaskets, EVA foams for the packaging, and the bumpons.

The only reason I’m willing to do another batch of housings is that for anodized parts we’ve gotten it such that our reject rate is close to zero, at least if our last (currently shipping) batch is indicative. If we were ordering powder-coated parts, it would just be an endless cycle as shown above, as those always lead to some B-stocks and below, sometimes as much as about 25% of a batch.

4 Likes

Those Aerospace ones are even better in person than in photos. So honestly I’m happy more folks are able to get their hands on one!

1 Like

any of them Pro 2? I have a couple of Pro 2s ready for housing, 1 for Evija and 1 for HG :joy:

2 Likes

Yes! We have about six Pro 2s left, all in Sunset Blvd. Four are D-stock (i.e., best to have them re-coated but they will be inexpensive) and two are of unknown grade TBD and may actually be A-stock. We’ll list once we know the final situation on the switch plate quantities.

3 Likes

Did y’all get those bumpons you were waiting for? It’s been a few weeks, figured I’d check in to see how much longer us lucky eight should have to wait.

1 Like

We did. I imagine Jared is shipping those right now but I’ll ping him about it.

2 Likes