HHKB: Now in SNOW?

From HHKB themselves:

To celebrate 25 years of HHKB, for a limited time we’re offering our Hybrid Type-S in a new color we’re excited to call, “SNOW.” Stay tuned for the release date, you don’t want to miss this!

I don’t see too much of a difference? I guess stark white vs. “vintage” white? Still happy to see more coming to the HHKB family.

Snow:

Current White:

Original Post: Happy Hacking Keyboard US ⌨️ on Instagram: "To celebrate 25 years of HHKB, for a limited time we’re offering our Hybrid Type-S in a new color we’re excited to call, “SNOW.” Stay tuned for the release date, you don’t want to miss this! #HHKB"

5 Likes

Yeah, basically bright white instead of dull beigeish white. I think it looks really sharp though, think this might finally make me pull the trigger on a HHKB!

2 Likes

Yooooooo

8 Likes

i think these look better with the black keycaps and the red/blue look better with the white

2 Likes
4 Likes

:exploding_head: that would be SUPER clean on a white HHKB, like an unofficial Animal Crossing mashup lol

1 Like

Am I about to buy a whole keyboard just for the caps?

4 Likes

I did. lol

5 Likes

The best thing about all of this is that Topre is still alive and kicking

5 Likes

Also guilty of this. I mean the board is cool too, but i’ll likely keep it in the box unmodified as a collection piece. White caps will look nice on the heavy grail though. It’s a shame the blanks were available in such small quantity :confused:

1 Like

I need the all-white blanks so badly.

5 Likes

Looks like everything is sold out in Japan. Hopefully they release it in the US soon.

1 Like

Hey Guys, topre_user here! Got some more photos of the Snow:

11 Likes

Also, I noticed when taking all these keycaps on and off, that the HHKB Pro 2 caps are all thinner than the new HHKB (Pro 3) caps. Even the Classic’s caps are more thick.

The keycap on the left is from an HHKB Pro 2. The one right next to it is the same cap from HHKB Classic, then the new color key pack, finally a snow cap.

Maybe thats already known? Anyway, I just found that out, so wanted to mention incase it was news to anyone else.

And those Pro 2 spacebars are looking a lot different!

As was said earlier in the thread, glad to see PFU, HHKB, and Topre are still doing well and improving! And get some Classic keycaps if you’re still using Pro 2 keycaps! The increased thickness feels nice

6 Likes

Do you have calipers to measure the new thinness vs the old thickness?

1 Like

I’m sorry @Manofinterests I don’t!

And to be clear; the new caps are thick.

Old caps are thin

2 Likes

New caps > Old caps IMO

1 Like

Does anyone know if these blank keycaps set selling on amazon are the old or new keycaps?

@linch right? I got an extra set of caps back before Pro 3 came out and never thought about it. Those extras were also the Pro 2 thinness.

I recently got a Classic to build out my Heavy Grail, was swapping caps for these photos and realized, hang on… these new ones are different!

My guess is all the Pro 3 era keyboards and keycap sets are the new thickness, but its just a guess.

Next time I get extra caps, I’ll buy from PFU directly. I’d think thats a better chance of getting the new product

3 Likes

So those are pro 2 keycaps? I got the color key from amazon. They seem to have the same thickness as the new pro 3 keycaps. But I am not sure about these blank and the spacebar material.

you mean to buy from PFU japan?

1 Like