[IC] 660C-X: A custom MX compatible PCB for your FC660C aftermarket case

Will definitely purchase.

I like the way you think. :wink:

The hammock mount sold you, right? :laughing:

2 Likes

I will pick up at least 2 sets. This is looking awesome! As for the PCB color, I’ve always been partial to some of Wilba’s color choices like yellow or even red.

any updates on this @r4bbl3d4bbl3

Moving along slowly, awaiting another round of prototypes for the plate, still a few things to work out.

6 Likes

I just signed up to voice my support for this project. I’d be interested in a norbatouch replacement PCB too.

2 Likes

The norbatouch fits some of the coolermaster MX boards of the same vintage

1 Like

Sorry for the the lack of updates, I’m at a standstill trying to get new plates made, hoping things pick back up starting next month.

8 Likes

Small update (01/20/21): A new prototype with bends for added rigidity has been ordered, fingers crossed this will be the final design and things can move forward. Unfortunately I think we will have to stick to one plate option for this round, aluminum. The brass is technically possible but comes at quite a high cost, even at a somewhat high MOQ.

That’s all for now, hoping to have the proto in hand soon as it’s being made in the USA.

12 Likes

great news!

1 Like

Please make ISO. I’d be down for 2 :smiley:

Received an update from my manufacturer this morning that the latest plate prototype is going into production this week and should be shipped out by the end of the week. Hoping this is the final version and we can go into GB soon.

8 Likes

woop woop :raised_hands:

Finally got the latest prototype plates in the mail today! Typing on it now. Will take some pictures tomorrow and do some further testing.

5 Likes

This is exciting

Yep. Think about this often. Mostly because I don’t want to buy yet another FC660C for incoming cases

And I’d love to see one in my clear polycarb heavy6 :slight_smile:

Big update 03/02/21: So the latest prototype plate is finally here. I would love to hear any feedback as this very well could be the final design. There will be a finish on these but I am not quite sure what all to offer just yet. I had originally planned to just go with either powder coat or anodized black, but I am liking the idea of a anodized gold now to really pop under the polycarb case. The brass plate looked really nice, and I wish we could do brass, but I don’t think anyone wants to pay $80 for a plate :grimacing:

A big shoutout to @BirgusLatro for helping out with the bends. Here are some pics of the plate in action!

As you will notice, my bends are going in the opposite direction, down instead of up like the original 660C plate. I was told by a few different manufacturers that the tiny bend needed to copy the plate 1:1 would require some special tooling as it wasn’t possible to make the bend in a press brake. So I opted to have the bends in the other direction and a little longer. I can safely say there is no longer any hammock bend going on, yay!

The PCB is pretty much finalized except for a few minor changes, I will be removing the on-board USB and probably getting rid of the physical reset switch to cut down on costs a little bit. Everything is working in VIA so it’s easy to program and control the lighting for the underglow. I keep forgetting to build this with stepped caps to show it off every time I rebuild but, it’s there, I promise!

That’s all for now, please let me know if you have any questions or comments! I will be entering the hell that is setting up a Shopify website in the next week or so, wish me luck…

12 Likes

Pictures look great! I vote for gold anodized and/or yellow zinc plated steel!

2 Likes

Not sure what gold would look like. I like the plain silver bc it keeps the polycarbonate case white/neutral. I suppose Gold/brass color would look good. Or even copper color.

2 Likes

I like this about it too. The raw look might be a little unpleasant to some, even though you don’t really see it once it’s installed. I will look into getting a silver anodizing instead of just a clear over, which is what the manufacturer suggested when I asked about keeping a silver color.