[IC] 660C-X: A custom MX compatible PCB for your FC660C aftermarket case

I’d prefer flat black of some kind, but I could live with raw alum / silver.

1 Like

First of all, thanks for coming back after two years to comment on this thread. :+1:

Secondly, I hope to be able to offer at least two colors as I think the black would fit better in the aluminum Heavy-6 cases and silver might work best in the polycarb version.

3 Likes

Oh you know I’ve got notifications turned on for this thread :sunglasses:

1 Like

you’d be surprised.

4 Likes

Honestly, I would. It’s irrational, but I’m quite irrational when it comes to this hobby.

2 Likes

The hobby itself is irrational. I say: own it. :blush:

7 Likes

Off topic question - Would the Heavy 6 make a comeback at some stage?

1 Like

Yes. Make sure you’re on my email list. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:eyes:

4 Likes

Love it! Please please bring back the PC board :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how about a smokey PC version? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

TX660c is currently in stock TX-66C — Mekibo ; I picked up a black one :smiley:

2 Likes

Just FYI, the current plate design will not work with the TX660c.

1 Like

This is good to know! :wink:

I went ahead and chopped up my prototype plate last night to try something else out, if this all goes according to plan I should be able to offer other plate materials again, possibly even half plates.

Stay tuned. Apologies this is taking so long, life uhh, finds a way…to get in the way.

4 Likes

Any chance for QMK and hot-swap potential?

3 Likes

@r4bbl3d4bbl3 Would you happen to know if the keys on your 660 that you are photographing are available anywhere? I plan on picking up a polycarb 660 case from Ryan soon (Easter special!) and would love to have the black keycaps with white font since my stock black on black are a bit hard to see for the family. :slight_smile:

Cheers! Looking forward to further updates!

Best,
Paul

Hey Paul, those caps you may be referring to are actually a set of stock FC660C caps that I no longer own. I believe they were sort of rare and not offered on recent FC660C releases.

I don’t think I will be able to do hotswap this time around, the PCB is pretty much finalized. As for QMK, I guess I should have asked what the preference was, I just assumed VIA would be easiest for everyone.

3 Likes

I’m stoked!