[IC] 660C-X: A custom MX compatible PCB for your FC660C aftermarket case

It’s possible I understand this wrong but I thought that if a board supports VIA that it must support QMK.

Yes, VIA capable also imply being QMK capable.
I think what @r4bbl3d4bbl3 said is that it did not put too much attention to the default QMK configuration as it’s firmware is VIA capable; you’ll just have to configure it to your liking using VIA app.

1 Like

I gotcha. For @rubberdomelife we should clarify that it’s fully capable of being programmed with QMK

Super excited for this to go to GB - will definitely be supporting.

Curious if there’s any chance at alps support for this board? I know it’s probably not supported by interest, but I would love to fix this bad boy up with alps.

I have to ask more about your RGB mod for the pc heavy-6 though. Do you have any more information about it? Would love to take a look.

1 Like

Also very excited about this. I will keep my eyes out for the GB for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The more I’m looking, the more I’m thinking a black plate is the way to go. I’ve been using some polycarb cases over the past few weeks with black plates and I like the look a lot. I’m not so fond of the silver on my M65-B, but maybe it’s because that case is less frosted. However, I think the black hides away better.

3 Likes

Sign me up coach!

1 Like

I’m in for sure!

1 Like

I’m in. Just went in on the PC case up the case.

1 Like

Hi, just checking in to see if there are any updates? Hopefully all is well?

2 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates. Costs have gone up substantially over the last few months and I’ve been trying to figure out a solution. I am not sure this will be viable with a 50-60% increase in costs.

3 Likes

I can totally understand why at least. What a disaster availability of these parts has become.

If it has to sit, maybe this will improve, otherwise we’re all going to have to get comfortable with inflated prices and stagnant wages.

Ennui.

2 Likes

I am pretty committed to this endeavor of yours and I’m sure there are others that feel the same. Take your time and do your best with what you have and let us know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welp, that stinks. I’m hoping something will work out down the road

1 Like

The latest numbers from my manu were a 60% increase in costs.

:weary:

I am exploring a redesign to see if I can bring it back down.

4 Likes

Thank you for your hard work. This is definitely a hobby that requires patience and perhaps the solution will be found in future. Worse case scenario a 60% increase in cost is better than no plate or pcb at all tho :slight_smile: and we can see what that’s like if we must. I will stay tuned. Take care.

5 Likes

I believe the hike in prices has everything to do with shortages in equipment and supplies all around the country due to delayed sea shipments and the ongoing lack of man power.

also I agree with @Skinny. any increase in cost is better than no plate/pcb at all! In any case, I just really want/need an MX solution for my Heavy-6 no matter the cost haha and I’m sure others can relate to this sentiment as well :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m kinda there too (within reason)

2 Likes

Any news?

I would pick one up as well.