[IC] After-School 1992 (90s/vaporwave DSS Keyset)

It’s like Harvey Dent always said…

“You either live in denial that the '90s ended or your lucid enough to hate that they’re over.”

2 Likes

The profile is similar to GMK, which is my favorite. I haven’t tried KAT, I like SA okay and really wanted to love MT3 but just don’t. I’m liking DSS a lot so far.

3 Likes

I want to go rollerblading in this video.

3 Likes

I’m excited to see this in DSS. The only grievance I have is that it’s such a thin profile, but a thin profile with a great sculpt is better than a thick one with a bad sculpt. I hope it makes DSS more accessible and pushes it to be a mainstream (maybe even cloneable? wink wink nudge nudge) profile that’s not going the way of G20.

Saw Top Clack’s stream on the dss profile. Apparently the tops are rather rough? Might be a turn off for some I guess.

DSS Would be fine as long as it has all the compatibility needed for popular enthusiast layouts (HHKB, 65%, 96)

With their current kits there is no r3 nav keys outside of buying the ergodox kit, and the 1.5u back space is marked as r1 (could be an error, have not heard if mismarked) For 96, 1u R1 Delete, Pg dn, end are missing.

The r3 nav keys issue could be solved simply by moving those keys into the core set, but on the others, I’ll discuss with SP and see what I can find out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsmYOFlOVM/

4 Likes

I don’t miss the nineties whatsoever, I find these colors nearly offensive. Great idea for a keyset tho!

haha. I appreciate the candor!

1 Like

From Melissa at SP:

Some of these were oversights by us (we are making the corrections now and will have them available soon).

So long as the molds exist for the keys (by molds I don’t mean legends), then we can make them in the desired row

5 Likes

well that’s some darn good news!

Love this

1 Like

so, when can these start production? Thanks :grimacing:

The process of getting the prototypes made was actually set in motion today. :slight_smile: As to when the actual production will begin, we’re at the mercy of SP’s lead times, and I don’t think we’ll know that for certainty on this set until I actually place the order after a successful GB. However, DSS is a newer profile, so I think it’s on the short end of their normal turnarounds because people haven’t placed many orders yet for it–certainly way better than SA, which seems to be booking out for y3k.

5 Likes

Saw this posted on reddit today. Sweet pen.

5 Likes

Heh, I just saw this too and thought of this thread.

Most excellent.

Maybe have one cap (esc or spacebar) made from multicolor rubber like:

or:

I also have two more moods :slight_smile:

2 Likes