[IC] [CLOSED] Alix 40 - Made in Tokyo

Both were the original! I had a really hard time choosing as well. Wanted something sleeker and cool, but also something that was a little more fun.

Thank you for the support!

1 Like

Would love to run another round, but do some different colors :slight_smile:

Any info on how the battery is connected to the PCB? Would it use a JST connector like the Anne Pro?
And also, how big can the battery be?

Just want to get all the parts ready ahead of time!

2 Likes

I ordered the Ghost colorway, looks sick!

Where/who should I contact regarding shop customer support? I just noticed that I had a typo regarding my shipping details (out of excitement), and I just wanted to make sure itā€™s all good before the order gets fulfilled.

1 Like

This continues to be absolutely beautiful, but having already purchased two big-ticket boards in the last month (and with the AdĆ©lie still to come) Iā€™ll sadly have to pass this round. I hope the GB goes very smoothly for everyone and I canā€™t wait for a future round and more colours! (If you do some kind of mint/teal/aquamarine shade Iā€™ll be in no matter whatā€¦)

2 Likes

Hey! Thatā€™d be me!

Can you email me at hello@tokyokeyboard.com with your name / email / order number and let me know the correction?

1 Like

Sweet! I just did.

Just to clarify - does the production PCB still support QMK and/or VIA? I couldnā€™t find any mention of it on the store page

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s a good point. supports QMK all the way! Hope to get VIA working on it too but need some time to implement that.

Speaking of, is there a cutoff date for shipping changes?

I may be staying with my parents for the American holiday season, and would rather ship this beautiful kit to their house rather than to my apartment that I wouldnā€™t be at.

Iā€™d rather make the call once itā€™s closer to the shipping date, which I presume may shift due to COVID delays.

@tokyocoffeenerd congrats on the launch of the Alix40 GB :slight_smile:

which sold out first? Iā€™m surprised it was so neck and neck

Whatā€™s your support ticket turn around time 24-48 hours?

The Alix40 is so beautiful, if I am a little richer, I would have gotten itā€¦hope the next few runs in different layouts can be more affordable! Though I know it would be tough given that it is handmade and the crafters have to be compensated for their expertise and time to create such unique product!

:smiley:

2 Likes

I was really surprised it was split almost evenly 50/50 the whole way.

1 Like

Hey! Hopefully under 24 hours outside of weekends. Iā€™m in Tokyo so time zone diff will apply. Best way to get in touch urgently is via Instagram @tyokbd.

1 Like

any updates on the production? i think initial estimates was 60 days production time and its been about 2 months since gb closed.

1 Like

90 days

They have some updates on Instagram. The Covid situation in Japan isnt helping with production time at all.

Hey hey!

Sorry for the lack of updates on here.

Quick production update! All 100 acrylic tops and bottoms have now been cut and polished.

Weā€™re just waiting on the last batch of 20 to finish the sand blasting process this week before they move to the dying factory for color!

Iā€™m trying to QC as much as I can each step along the way as well to make sure we get it right.

6 Likes