[IC] [CLOSED] Alix 40 - Made in Tokyo

60/65 Alice style pls pls pls

2 Likes

Iā€™m not into this kind of layout at all but I really love the design story of this and how much care you and your collaborators put into it.

Best of luck with this IC (and GB!). Excited to see this out in the world

2 Likes

exactly this - donā€™t want to overpromise anything and sacrifice quality!

1 Like

Alice Style 65% for sure! or even Ergo

2 Likes

I think people love the Alice design and stick to it. But I think Ergo would also be nice! people really like ergo boards and 65%

3 Likes

I just saw your piece on NHK World while eating dinner with my partner, I physically jumped out of my couch! Been a long time Tokyo60 owner myself, I think this project is SO unbelievably cool and I hope Iā€™m lucky enough to snag myself a spot in the first batch. Seeing the work put in by these craftsmen was truly awe inspiring :blue_heart:

7 Likes

Canā€™t waitā€¦holding out my purchases to hopefully get an Alix-40! Hopefully in the future, thereā€™ll be a Japanese artisian TKL.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Keyboards are always the best when they show up unexpectedly! Also thanks for supporting the Tokyo60! Will be opening up GB tomorrow morning Tokyo time, so heads up!

2 Likes

Were there any changes to the design leading up to the final product, adding metal sleeving for the screws for example? Happy to see the GB going live! Also does the cost include shipping, or is that without?

Good luck with GB!!

Hey there! Weā€™ll be switching out the purple silicone mounts to black. Looked into the metal inserts and that wasnā€™t something that would be feasible with the current factory setup. For what itā€™s worth Iā€™ve assembled and disassembled the prototypes dozens of time so far.

2 Likes

got my order in for a sunset, my only regret is that i was not first to check out but 6th. glwgb! looking forward to it!

1 Like

Just got my Ghost :partying_face:

1 Like

I want this thing so bad but that 610 price tag is killing me. You think this will ever run again? Perhaps when I have more money lol

1 Like

Grabbed the ghost!! choosing between the colors was so hard ): im still thinking about switching to sunset if there are any left but i literally have 0 keysets it would match with ))):

2 Likes

@toykocoffeenerd which one was the original design intent? if its sunset i may switch!

1 Like

Thanks for adding the AU shipping option my dude! Grabbed the Sunset. Any word on soldered PCBs or no?

Sunset looks so nice too. I was super conflicted. Hoping to pair this with GMK Sumi

2 Likes

Yeah, both looks super nice!

Iā€™m planning to pair the Ghost with Biipā€™s new KAM Playground.

1 Like

Omg KAM Playground yes.