[IC] [CLOSED] Alix 40 - Made in Tokyo

I’m very interested in this. Price is steep, no doubt, but as noted the craftsmanship, quality, and care going into the boards definitely make it understandable.

Re: PCB, I would also be interested in a more uniform design.

1 Like

Very nice! Love the left to right gradient you did for the red version. Would love to see this in the monochrome version since I feel you can really see the ombré effect nicely if it’s going from left to right. Also red going to peach ( ももいろ) to clear would be so very Japanese. I’ve seen beautiful Kimonos with this gradient pattern. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts !

1 Like

Thank you!

Would love to explore more colors in the future, right now this is kind of a test case for all the factories to showcase their work, and to show that people actually care about their craft!

So hoping this first run goes well, and I can go back and keep working with these guys.

4 Likes

Yeah, the craftsmanship is amazing, but also going to be Tokyo pricing.

What are your thoughts on uniform design? more Ortho like an artreus?

5 Likes

Oh that’s a really good point. I’m not setup yet to shoot those well, but maybe I can find someone who can.

1 Like

It’s running on QMK. Would love VIA compatibility, but need to dig a little deeper to see how to get that implemented.

3 Likes

Looking forward!!

Will this board have future runs at lower price point? :smiley: it looks really good! I guess with lower order volume that explains the higher price point.

Sorry, I meant “uniform” in the sense of all-black/white PCB coloring; I like the smaller Alice-style layout as-is!

1 Like

I feel that the case is so beautiful on it’s own that the swirl design gets more in the way than it contributes

1 Like

NEED. Count me in.

1 Like

I have been on mechanical keyboards reddit for a while but never created an account here. I created just so I can comment on this. I absolutely love this and I hope I can get one spot in the GB.

Do you have an idea how much this weights fully assembled with bt and battery?

5 Likes

will you do a 65% in the future in this design?

2 Likes

Thank you so much! My hario coffee scale says 541g with everything. I have the Rama grid caps on this one so maybe GMK will be a little heavier.

1 Like

Will get this one done first! 65% Alice style or more standard?

3 Likes

65% Alice/Arisu!

I think many people would jump on it if it is 65%! :smiley: Then we can have a larger volume for order :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I am 100% going to try to get one then. I plan on using it sitting on top of a MBP 13 keyboard, like I already do with my acrylic prime_e.

I love my prime_e, but this being Bluetooth is a nice improvement. Also, I prefer that you use 1u instead of all 1.25u that prime_e requires.

I dont think interest is the primary issue with the unit cap, I would assume it is rather time consuming to create these boards and it seems as though 100 units is the current maximum Tokyocoffeenerd is comfortable requesting from his contacts, and processing and shipping himself.

2 Likes