IC for P⁴KCR3 (Gasket Minivan Case)

Hey there Keebtalk folks! after months of toiling away in the fusion mines, I’ve come out with a dense nugget of POM ore to present to you all.

This is the P⁴KCR3

IC: https://forms.gle/g1EnznGcYY3kyGRRA

I was inspired to make this keyboard after I modded my minivan case by removing the center 3 standoffs,
this creates a bouncy typing feel under the very most centered alphas, which is quite nice, however it only made me hunger for more.

This hunger lead me to design the P⁴KCR3, a plateless, gasket mount, milled POM case, that utilizes the edges of the PCB, and some gorilla gripp’n strips of silicone foam to produce an extremely bouncy and quite plocky board. This board mimics and expands on the benefits of the modded tray mount minivan, while eliminating much of the harshness and inconsistent hard spots. The typing feel is extremely bouncy in the center, while the mods still retain enough stiffness under them for a solid bottom out, with a bit of give.
https://imgur.com/gallery/TwObBPa

I’ll be updating this thread with any additional info, but if you want the quickest response drop by the 40’s discord and Join channel #P4KCR3 Discord

13 Likes

gib

1 Like

I really wish I could maintain productivity with boards smaller than 40% because I would be all over this

4 Likes

Haha I was just about to say the same thing. I love the look of 40s but my mind recoils in horror when I actually try to use them.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile: something told me Keebtalkers boards would be too big for this, but I had to post it for Sumthing anyway :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

8 Likes

hahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Hey I see a Planck in there :wink:

1 Like

This keyboard rack aint big enough for the two of us…

Nice little board!
Just saw your IC on GH also, the price is good :slight_smile:
I don’t know if I can use such a small keeb, but want to support your project and would be interested.
Let me take the time to fill the IC tonight (if it is not too late) :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t been updating this thread much, but FE units have now all shipped, and the group buy should be starting soon

4 Likes

lmao, I’m bad at updating other places besides discord, GB ends today if anyone sees this in time:

1 Like

Can’t wait to have mine :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I looked at my iPad today and realized that I actually have been a 40% user for years lol

I don’t type on it that much, but maybe 40% is not that hard to get used to :thinking:

Maybe I’m just channeling some boomer energy or something but I’m not particularly productive on my phone and tablet is actually worse ime. If I need to type more than like a paragraph or two I reach for something with a real keyboard.

Old millennial here and I’m the same. I chalk it up to two-thumb typing on my phone versus 10-finger touch typing on a physical keyboard.

1 Like

Personally this is one of the ways I use 40s occasionally too, I find using the ipad keyboard in landscape mode, with the ipad flat on a table, is just like using a 12u keyboard. minus 4mm of travel :laughing:

1 Like

I have my eyes on the p4 extra. Very tempting!

1 Like