[IC] GMK Monochrome

Don’t worry Sam, they are staying :smile:

I’m pleased to hear that dude ,nice to have as many options for layouts as possible .Oh and of course you may keep your important organs lol :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for a set like this to come around.
What kind of price point are we talking here?

To quote the OP

please tell me I have at least 2 months to prepare my wallet? :slight_smile:

@notG10 You should do, but no promises :stuck_out_tongue:

You inspired me

Alcatel Lucent alphas (I think probably made by GMK) and OG cherry WoB mods

I got most way through putting them on then realised I only had a stepped caps lock!

Also the legends on the alphas are more a dark grey than black (might try it with Dolch mods soon, though I think I have the same problem of only having a stepped caps lock)

Still, I think it looks pretty good and is a further indication of how classy this colourway is going to look in person.

Dat shine tho

5 Likes

@Gouty Thats :fire: looking. We gotta up the contrast though :stuck_out_tongue:

Like this?

No, something’s not right… it needs more jpeg

4 Likes

Thank you Gouty, very cool!

1 Like

Sorry, I’ll stop shitposting now. I am pretty tempted to join the group buy just to get the whiter caps and darker legends, as well as get the proper caps lock and function keys.

Good call on having the win keys in the extras (although I prefer “super” over “code”) and thank you for including the UK specific keys too! I don’t think you are missing much by not having the novelties either, if you were to go for novelties I think something in aurebesh, or the Imperial image or First order image symbols would be better than helmets.

3 Likes

Interested but may not be able to commit. :frowning:

Any alt/meta/super/hyper/code are good for me; as-is Empire logo (license permitting)

+1 R3 ctrl, prefer icon. ( ^ ?)

(& someone pls bring on any set with Aurebesh alphas and legend mods; preferably without sublegends, but either way – or Klingon? – ok, bit off-topic, sry/not-sry)

1 Like

I think I actually like it better this way, personally, but it’s like… The opposite of the point of this buy I guess. Lol

Monochrome Update

Updated Kits

Core Kit

Here is what changed:

• we added a 2u R4 shift key;
  • we added a second 1u R4 FN key;
  • we changed the R4 shifts to icon only; and
  • we changed the icon on the capslock key to the one used in GMK 9009 R2.

Extra Kit

Extras

I am an artisan lovers, and we decided we would keep the artisans.

• Alphakeycaps is on board and there will be a raffle for his Jedi Blinker. We will produce around 10 of those and they will be raffled between GB participants.

• RAMA offered to produce this beauty, a black anodised X or O keycap with laser edged white stars (subtle but stunning). Those will go for the usual price for RAMA keycaps, so $36 for US/Asia and 42€ for EU (big thanks to RAMA for keeping the price low for us <3 I owe you one!) and have a MOQ of 50. Everyone can buy them and everyone can buy as many as they want.

Vendors

• MyKeyboard.eu has been confirmed for Europe, ;
  • We are still in discussion with vendors for the States and Canada; and
  • zFrontier would be our vendor for Asia, Africa, Australia and New Zealand, though we are still waiting for a confirmation.

Renders

Here is an album with all the renders (some are not in this thread - come back from time to time, we’re keeping it updated)

3 Likes

wonderful artisan for this set

KMK Labs.

1 Like

Suggestions:

• Add R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn to either the core or extra kit (preferably the former).
  • Replace Code with System / Sys.

Reasoning for R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn:
Some 65% layouts use it, e.g. the default WhiteFox, Tada68 and Uniqey C70 layouts. It’s included in a couple of core kits (GMK/EPBT Slate comes to mind).

Edit: Snappo has mentioned in Discord that they’ll likely be adding these two keys to the core kit during the kit revision (which I believe is in progress).

Reasoning for System:
What does Code even mean? It’s like the people who put together the first GMK set with Code for the winkey thought: “We didn’t know what to put here, so we put Code cause some people here are coders lul.”
Super makes a bit more sense, has a historical background, but nowadays isn’t really prominent outside of *nix systems.
System makes the most sense, is neutral (just like Monochrome), and best describes what the key is actually used for: system-specific commands.
In the back of my head I think that GMK already have a System mold, but if it turns out they don’t, it’s time they made one imo.

maybe I can run a 40s add on similar to how we did it for 9009

Feels like forever since the last update! Kits are pretty much final, here they are:

Core Kit

Extra Kit

Also, for those that did not see it, the list of vendors is final:

• EU: MyKeyboard.eu
  • States: Kono.store
  • Asia/rest of the world: zFrontier

Time to put money aside folks, this is happening for sure :smiley:

4 Likes

Just to clarify this a bit, the changes made to the kit are as follows:

Moved both 6u spacebars to extras kit.
Added R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn to Base for 65%/75% support.
Added R2 Esc, R3 1.25u tab, and R3 1.75u Return to Extras for JD40 / JD45 compatibility.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Heya everyone!

We trimmed the core kit a little bit to bring the cost down a little more. Here is the final design of the core kit:

With that finalized, we also have the prices for all three vendors:

Vendors Base kit (MOQ 150) Compatibility kit (MOQ 150) RAMA X/O RAMA Laser-etched X/O
MyKeyboard (EU) 132€ 37€ 42€ 44€
KONO $140 $40 $36 $38
zFrontier (Asia) $140/$155 $40/$45 $36 $38

1/ Please note that all their prices include shipping whilst that is not the case for other vendors.
2/ Prices on the left are for China, prices on the right are for the other countries (price difference explained by the difference in shipping costs)

Also, there will be different price drops depending on the MOQ we hit, so talk about the set to your mom, your cat, your neighbors, the pope!

1 Like