[IC] GMK Monochrome

I think you chose well removing those extra caps. The base kit price is quite reasonable.

For anyone wondering, the following caps were removed:

• R1 white 1u Esc, F5, F6, F7, F8
  • R3 black 1.75u stepped Control
  • R4 black 1u Ctrl, Alt, Fn (1 of each is still remaining)
  • R4 black 1.5u Code ×2

Even though it’s barely visible in the new render, the 7u spacebar is still there.

1 Like

Oh yeah the 7u spacebar is not going anywhere. I don’t know why some of their render are on a white background, some are on a transparent one… ^^’

1 Like

With the changes. The core should still be sufficient for the IC Kira keyboard and the Massdrop CTRL keyboard, correct?

Sorry if it appears as a double post, When I changed my username it says some posts might be broken so I deleted the initial reply, changed my username, then posted another reply.

1 Like

You should be good for both the Kira and CTRL as far as all standard 96-key and 65% layouts go.

1 Like

@konstantin Thank you for the reply.

1 Like

noooo
I wanted this set for my RAMA M60. Now I will have to get some other keyset.
Those caps ^^^ are essential for HHKB layout.

HHKB layout requires row 3 1.75u Control key, row 4 1.5u Alt.

You are correct though removing the Fn 1u and no appropriate 1u super/code keys makes it a non buy for me too.

1 Like

There is still one 1u FN and we still have 1.5u alt keys, not sure what you mean there buddy

I would recommend asking a moderator to remove the message by @Marutks then, because it is misleading.

Heya! Could you please remove this message please? :slight_smile: we didn’t remove all the 1u ctrl, alt, fn keys, we just went from 2 to 1. And while it is true that we do not offer 1.5u Code keys in the core kit, we still have 1.5u alt and control keys so your message is a little misleading. We still cover the M60 layout just fine :slight_smile:

your render of modern 0110 shows TWO 1.5 u Super keycaps and TWO 1u Alt keys

Not to be a dick, because we are discussing the potential reintegration of those keys in the core kit, but it’s a render, and the fact that it displays those keys and they are not in the kit anymore doesn’t mean that the kit is not compatible with the board anymore. I mean, had the render pictured two ALT Keys, I am pretty sure we wouldn’t have that discussion right now.

Quick updates for you guys!

Mark your calendars, we are excited to announce that GMK Monochrome is launching on September 1st!

We wanted to thank you all for the support you’ve shown and we really hope you will love the end result!

Pictures of the Alpha artisan to follow really soon (I’m actually waiting to get them to take some shots haha)

3 Likes

Looking good. Can’t wait to see this on some keyboards in the future! :+1:

Friendly reminder: Monochrome is droping this saturday, mark your calendars and make yourself a favor; go ham when it goes live! <3

The GB is live!

Please move all discussions to: [GB] GMK Monochrome

Thanks a lot everyone!