[IC] KAM/DSA/XDA Imperator

Thanks for the well wishes, happy to bring forward a similar pallette with a different theme! Great minds think alike :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about I, II, . . . XII on the F row? (nm, saw the Roman numerals on the numpad just now.)

would love to see this in pbt kam

Seems like a lot of people are at least intrigued by KAM. I’m going to reach out to ZFrontier and see what they think!

I thought about it adding it to the F Row too, but figured the numberpad was enough roman numerals :slight_smile:

Really interested in this set, loools great. I’m not usually a fan of flat profiles, except SA R3 sets, but just for the colourway I’d buy this.

No such thing as too many Roman numerals - needs to keep its consistency

1 Like

I just quickly did a mock up of all numerals and put it up, what do you think??

1 Like

I cast my vote for full roman numeral consistency

full roman numbers gets my vote :smiley: Looks so nice and different!

Full Roman numerals looks ace. Much more consistent.

1 Like

might be in for a DSA. got my first red case a few days back and this might just be the set for it!

yeah, it is somewhat similar to the JTK SunDevil, or an inverted SA Berserk.

would you consider adding the “imperator” word to the iso enter

Absolutely, the plan is to have it there for sure, just having some trouble getting it in place with KLE :slight_smile:. But no doubt, it will have Imperator as well, along the top portion I think if I can get it right.

And don’t forget to vote on Massdrop if you have time! Unless there is a better way to have an idea of numbers, that would help show interest I think!

Am I right in thinking that you’re planning to use serifed type for the legends, as part of the theme? That would be interesting to see - can’t actually think of a precedent in past keyset designs.

You are correct! I tried to match the typeface to what the Roman inscriptions tend to look like, and it indeed has serifs. I have to see if manufacturers can do that with dyesub but fingers crossed!

Keyreative would do that for sure, and they’d probably be your best bet for reverse dye-sub on the modifiers anyway.

Yeah I sent an email to zFrontier, let’s see what they come back with! Trying to get a render together right now but for someone that has no experience with Blender, it isn’t easy!

Only DSA?? No interest in the other profiles??

It wasn’t in the considerations, but I’d be down for Cherry as well. I tried XDA before and didn’t really like them.

Interesting yeah, I was avoiding Cherry mostly because a flat profile is my personal preference but also because it has the best compatibility. Kits would be less expensive and whatnot. But it seems people are relatively evenly split between KAM and DSA, so much will depend on manufacturer/vendor it seems!