[IC] KAM Wraith

Please explain why you are attempting to derail KAM without giving any justifications for it.

prototype ordered :eyes:

4 Likes

Iā€™m not trying to ā€œderailā€ KAM for a malicious reason, I am suggesting an alternative. MDA/MIX/EDRUG is feels fantastic and could use new/innovative sets like this to differentiate it and the designs. I felt the wider, and flatter surface area would treat the more dense legends a little better than DSA/KAM since the originals were rectangular and square. I think that a sculpt would be nice, but the characteristic of flatness is an integral part of the aesthetic, MDA meets both of those. Iā€™m not arguing against KAM, Iā€™m requesting MDA as an alternative based on what I think is a better fit.

On the personal side of things, I just have found that my larger finger tips really prefer XDA over DSA and MDA/MIX/EDRUG/whatever the profile winds up being named; I would love this set but also would like to get a good typing experience. Iā€™m also worried that running it in KAM will subject it to the issues felt in Starry Night. Does expanding on my original comment help?

1 Like

There is only one solution to make everybody happy: Wraith in all the keyset types!

Beyond the design (which is gorgeous btw) I personally only care about:

1. Uniform single profile.
  2. Smooth & Glossy finish and feel.

I donā€™t know much about Starry Night other than it may have been one of the first sets to use KAM. From what I understand yes there were some issues but they learned from their mistakes. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong!

I chose KAM because itā€™s made by Keyreative, the manufacturer which did DSA Milkshake, and they are able to do overall dye-sub. And I donā€™t think other are able to do that atm. Anyways, prototype should now be in process :wink:

4 Likes

For MDA, have to get them to do allover dye-sub, or convince them to start making doubleshot ABSā€¦

I was told that it does support reverse dye sub from the designer. I donā€™t know who their dye-sub contract factory was, but I can put you in touch with the designer to talk more (I know youā€™ve got samples, just something to think about for another run in a different profile).

Thatā€™s sweet, but a next round wonā€™t be before next year think ahah :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But, but, but. :frowning: I have keyboards without keycaps now. think of the cold, bare, nekkid switches.

I guess youā€™re already at a quarterly release schedule with how many sets youā€™re releasing ICs.

Whatever you do biip TAKE YOUR TIME.

Too many Group Buy runners put the world on their shoulders.

I would rather receive KAM Wraith in 2020 and have it be correct than 2019 and have a few things get by the factory.

1 Like

GB should be this year!

6 Likes

Just my two cents here but I am actually quite hype for KAM.
I think the profile looks similar to the Spectrum and makes it seem like a great homage.

Really loving the design btw and I would hope to deck out my new boardwalk in these whenever they come out!

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I chose this profile tho! XDA would work too (if over-all dye-sub).
Canā€™t wait to receive the samples! So excited :smiley:

2 Likes

Samples should be done at end of the month :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Any update on this? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

samples should have been done 3 weeks ago :man_shrugging:
Iā€™m trying to get news thoā€¦

5 Likes

Hi, just learned about this project today. Great work!
Now signed up and following your progressā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

samples are shipped! I will receive em soonā„¢.
I already have some pics but I rather shoot some by myself :wink:

4 Likes

Literally forgot to post that hereā€¦

6 Likes