I’ve been working a 40% keyboard this summer, and I’m proud to announce the Neuron: a HHKB-blockered 40% keyboard with a top-mount plate and a big-ass brass weight in the bottom. The Neuron is a combination of all the features I love in other 40%s but haven’t been brought together in the same board yet. I hope you like it!
Video of Chameleon Cerakoted Aluminum Prototype: https://streamable.com/up6tn
- 2.5 degree polycarbonate or anodized aluminum case. No top and bottom halves, the entire case is a single piece to maximize thock.
- Aluminum case color options: black, silver, plum purple, cyan, samurai red (TBD).
- Top-mount plate available in sandblasted brass or polycarbonate plate (and possibly acrylic with sufficient interest, holler at me).
- 5mm thick brass wedge with NEURON engraving. Aluminum prototype is 2lbs 8oz.
- QMK-compatible black PCB designed by Worldspawn; on-board atmega with USB-C.
- Supports full-size 6.25u or 2.25u/2.75u split space layouts. Ortho plates are possible with enough interest.
- No LEDs. No in-switch or RGB.
- Estimated cost $220-240 + shipping
A limited run of 15 is being produced right now, with a group-buy to follow. The expected start date for the GB is October 1st, depending on hype. Please fill out this IC form if you are interested: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScO4FsHix6f9gxl5QXmelLsxYNK-_2z1z_88LUJVMQr-umwwQ/viewform
Thanks reading! Happy Clacking!