[IC] Prime_E : An Ergo 45%

Yeah. Godspeed MT3 having 40% support in the base kit is AWESOME for 40% users.

2 Likes

color me interested! great looking keyboard, hoping itā€™ll move forward to group buy soon :joy:

Thank you. Confident it will get to GB. Just donā€™t know about the soon part :grimacing:. Couple months at least.

3 Likes

Couple months is great for me need to get the funds right :grinning:

1 Like

Thatā€™s really wonderful!!!

1 Like

Are you planning on keeping the led indicators? I really like having that option.

Absolutely. Though the location may move.

So as I suspected it just doesnā€™t really work having the option for 2u backspace and split backspace AND have kailh hotswap. So a decision needs to be made. Right now Iā€™m leaning towards getting rid of 2u backspace in favor of hotswap. But I would love to hear some thoughts from others.

2 Likes

At the smaller size Iā€™d prefer 1u over 2u delete. Gives more flexibility with punctuation.

2 Likes

I think ditching the 2u backspace is a logical move. I personally would do split backspace if I were building one of these to maximize the smaller layout. So ditching the 2u option to keep hotswap makes sense to me.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say definitely get rid of the 2u backspace, just makes it a PITA for people with sculpted sets and with small boards itā€™s nice to have more keys. Iā€™m really liking where this is going, and I think this might be my next keyboard. And also thanks for making this a hotswappable pcb. I honestly am always too afraid Iā€™ll fuck up soldering which is why I avoid most high end boards. I put a good amount of money into my last build ($275 at least) and fucked up the soldering in multiple ways lol. I just canā€™t trust myself anymore with soldering expensive keyboards.

1 Like

IMO definitely remove the 2u - the additional key is useful and also improves compatibility for people who donā€™t want to use non-sculpted key caps on it. and like what cijanzen said about the space bars - those would probably work best if you have keycap sizes that match shift keys

totally agree

2u backspace is no longer a thing (dont worry this is still rough. This is just to show layout).

I hear what yall are saying about standard shift key sizes for the spacebars. And it makes sense to a point. I REALLY donā€™t like 2.75u spacebars on a 40%. Though on this one it might not be so bad as it would make the blockers about the same size, which just occured to me. LOL. I was about to type 2.0/2.25 for sure but now I donā€™t know.

Iā€™ll play around with it. My reasoning for 2.0/2.25 over a 2.75 (other than the fact I donā€™t like 2.75) is with darn near any GMK set youā€™re going to be buying a 40% kit if itā€™s available anyway. The other modifiers will demand it. Any 40% kit/spacebar kit that doesnā€™t have 2.0/2.25 spacebars is doing it wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

im okay with 2.0/2.25!

Iā€™m good with 2.25 as well. At this point I usually buy the spacebars kits which usually have them cause I never know what Iā€™ll end up with!

2 Likes

Iā€™m definitely interested. Where can I keep up with this? Iā€™m definitely interested if it continues and goes onto Groupbuy. (Sorry Iā€™m a noob here)

Either here on keebtalk or Geekhack. Iā€™ll try to keep both threads equally updated.

Thank you! Iā€™ll just have to check frequently. Any rough ETA? (Donā€™t hate me for that question haha)

I expect to have all the design work finished up before the new year. Hope to have a prototype in hand before end of January. Assuming no problems then GB should start pretty quick thereafter. Production and delivery time frame I have no idea about yet.

3 Likes