[IC] the Heavy-9: housing for FC980C keyboards

Yeah, I figured I would do that anyway. I did ultra lights on my HHKB and lights on my realforce. Love them both.

BTW, I just caved and bought the 980C. I’ll be pissed if I don’t get one of the housings now.

Awesome!

1 Like

I think this will be a great housing to put some highpro caps on with some mx sliders. Either SA or MT3, not sure yet.

That’s a fake scam website.

1 Like

I figured. I went with good old mechanicalkeyboards.com. They’re right down the street from me anyway :grin:

3 Likes

I just ordered my fc980c too! Can’t wait for this!

2 Likes

I mean Im pretty much in for all this mans work - WIll grab this for work

But Yeah @norbauer Topre Caps and 23U man

Where do i send the money

1 Like

Based on the HHKB thread, any way to get the heavy-9 design tailored to match the HHKB design language?

• Retro-futurist Norbauer-style tapered housing geometry (fusion between the Norbaforce and Heavy-6), the compound curves of which can only be cut on a 5-axis CNC mill.

It’s technically feasible, but I don’t plan on it, for two specific reasons. This is a fairly large and expensive housing to make already, and it’s also not the most popular keyboard in the world, so I expect quantities to be fairly small. As such, I don’t think the economics would justify moving this project to a 5-axis; it would nearly double the price on what is already a small and expensive manufacturing run. Secondly, since the FC980C is essentially a big brother to the FC660C, the concept of the Heavy-9 design was to be a big brother to the Heavy-6 (which has been fairly well received), so I wanted to have a similar design language between the two.

5 Likes

Appreciate the thoughtful response, still looking forward to this. Thanks!

2 Likes

this would be in a set date unlimited GB right? I have been waiting for this so long, I have also bought the norbaforce just to satisfy the crave but I really need the numpad cluster.

2 Likes

Must satisfy the crave!

2 Likes

Absolutely.

2 Likes

Did we land on a GB date for this yet?

Not yet. Still just waiting on the powder coated prototypes back so I can shoot some photos.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:steel variant :crossed_fingers:

I don’t know how I missed this, but I am definitely interested. This could be my end game… (I think I say this every time)

2 Likes

Definitely interested in this!

i bought 2 fc980c’s the moment ryan hinted wind of this last year. :laughing:
2 hasu controllers sitting somewhere too… I’m stoked this is looking to pan out!

im in for vhs and royal wrinkle for sure!

5 Likes

Yup, I’m in!

2 Likes