[IC] the Heavy-9: housing for FC980C keyboards

Could be. :man_shrugging:

Looks like Iā€™m pot committed, just bought a FC980C today. waits for the GB

3 Likes

The HHKB from KBDFans is in their IG. Itā€™s just a render atm. Iā€™m also new to topre and donā€™t know much about their boards :slight_smile: Taking the dive away from MX.

Maybe we will see a PC version of this case down the line?! :grin:

My one request is that you ensure QMK compatibility in some way. My 980C already has a Hasu controller in it and I would really like to continue to use it or if you do need to relocate the controller for it to retain the same functionality as the Hasu controller already provides. Regardless Iā€™m in for one and if someone wants to make a PBT WoB topre keyset for this board ill buy that to.

The Hasu controllers for the FC660C at least were designed to have the same footprint as the original FC660C breakout PCB. If thatā€™s true of the 980C as well, it should be compatible, but I havenā€™t personally tested it since I donā€™t have one of those controllers on hand.

There is also the option of getting a Hasu USB controller for QMK compatibility.

1 Like

:arrow_up:

Whoa, thatā€™s pretty cool.

In case anyone is still looking for one of these boards: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/gme6c7/usma_h_vintage_boards_topre_artisans_w_paypal/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

He also has a really cool looking Topre board for sale that I need someone else to buy so I donā€™t.

I always love to see your work, norbauer. I hope this one does a run. Your stuff is always so thoughtfully engineered and stunning

2 Likes

Itā€™ll definitely happen. I just placed the order for the custom tooling today. Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll probably just drop a limited number of these and thatā€™ll be it rather than doing a big pre-order, but Iā€™m still working out all the numbers and should know soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Boo! Preorder, preorder!

Iā€™m ok with this if it means you develop some sort of numbered authenticity certificate, and possibly use it on some uh, previous cases as well.

:smile:

Looks like I am going to start collecting Norbauer cases like really cool metal Beanie Babies.

1 Like

Nabbed the 980C!

1 Like

getting nervous. Maybe I should buy oneā€¦ :grimacing:

umā€¦ is this legit? https://www.doublerd.top/leopold-fc980c-electrostatic-capacitive-switch-keyboard-dye-sublimated-white-pbt

Yes. Thanks for the link. I just bought the last one.

1 Like

Joking. At that price itā€™s probably a fake :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are these only available in 30g?

30 & 45g
You can buy bke domes afterwads if you donā€™t like the stock ones.

1 Like