Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

LGR did a video on the Vortex PC66.

I kind of like it when YouTubers from other spaces do stuff about keebs, and I think it’s neat to see those perspectives. Retro computing is this guy’s main thing, but he does appreciate a decent keyboard - a customized Filco TKL is visible in many of his other videos. Thomas (baritone keeb curmudgeon) even shows up in the comments.

10 Likes

One more - Thomas did a video on the Class80.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Looks like a fantastic board, gasket-mounted, metal, 2 options to mount, alot of customization options, kudos for KBDFans for a daughter-board, always bugs me when a gasket-mount board doesn’t have one.

4 Likes

CRP color mods in-stock at syruplabs

6 Likes

@Deadeye this is somewhat related to your pcb question but also an awesome find so posting it here. The apollo pcb was designed by Gondolindrim over several streams.

The design is open sourced so it could be forked with different mounting points without too much difficulty especially vs starting from scratch. Should handle your design requirements at a glance.

Design:

For sale:

3 Likes

Sho (of HHKB S60) Snipe and S66 GBs live in China. TBD at Rebult Keyboards.

Snipe has 2 versions - one for Pro 2, one for JIS.

【闲鱼】https://m.tb.cn/h.U6R2X6x?tk=LgvgdcjUfNc CZ3457 「快来捡漏【Hhkb snipe】」
点击链接直接打开

【闲鱼】https://m.tb.cn/h.UTn97qr?tk=wYJvdcjUWru CZ3457 「快来捡漏【Sho66 leopold fc660c静电容键盘改装】」
点击链接直接打开

1 Like

Heebie Keebies is having a sale.

They’ve got Staebies, TX stabs, and ThicThock Marshmallows among a few other goodies.

Checkout discount codes for the sale:

• HOLIDAY5 - 5% off
  • HOLIDAY10 - 10% off >$50
  • HOLIDAY15 - 15% off >$100
  • HOLIDAY25 - 25% off >$150
6 Likes

Invokeys just announced an automatic at checkout 25% sale - get those Black Sesame and Matcha Latte switches before they’re gone :wink:

6 Likes

Ha wow - sesames already out. They are kinda fantastic tho. One of very few switches I’d want to have more than one set of.

4 Likes

they really are a nice switch. My batch of Invokeys Matcha Latte switches were equally nice.

I’m also liking the U4Tx switches. They’re like a more stable bluish-white with more thunk at the bottom.

4 Likes

Ha, speaking of, they’ve just been restocked.

6 Likes

I hope this is allowed here: A monstre giveaway is unfolding on kbd.news to celebrate the blog’s 2nd anniversary. 50 vendors offered 111 goodies. Check out the details and good luck!

4 Likes

The GAS67 kit is on sale for less than $50 on KeebMonkey:

(Depending where you live shipping might be high, though)

This is a gaming-oriented budget barebones 67-key with simple but effective gasket mounting, a polycarb plate, included case dampening, per-key RGB, and hot-swap sockets.

As an RGB keeb aimed at gamers, this one has North-facing sockets, prioritizing illumination of shine-thru legends over compatibility with certain popular profiles. This kit was basically made with pudding caps and the like in-mind. The blocker also doubles as a dedicated Winkey lock - because nobody likes to AFK when they just meant to crouch.

I’d say most folks here on KT already have some kind of better board than this - but with the holidays coming up, this might be a great introduction into the world of decent keebs for a friend or relative. The only real flaw I think this kit has is the lack of metal thread inserts for the case screws, so some care is required when assembling and disassembling - but for this price, I really can’t find anything else to criticize.

If you’d like to know more about the keeb, you can find my detailed review and build guide here on my website.

6 Likes

Shame Domikey doesn’t have a uniform or low profile mold for this set:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=118845.0

1 Like

I love the sets they come up with, but I still haven’t bought a single set because I hate the look of that space bar. :frowning:

1 Like

Clunker restock is coming on 25 for Black Friday sale :partying_face: will definitely get one

1 Like

Gok’s Venn is in-stock here:

5 Likes

Wow, thanks for letting me know! Super stoked for one as well then.

I’ll probably get me some of these.
You should to @Deadeye :wink:

3 Likes