Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Was browsing NomKeys today and saw this:

Seems to be a fully built KBD67Lite lower than retail cost. A KBD67Lite is around 100 (lets say), Oil Kings are around 50, and Tecsee PBT Keycaps seem to be on sale for 20 currently, not to mention the Durock Stabs.

So around 200 not including shipping to buy new, yet nomkeys is selling it for 125. Interesting…

8 Likes

That is interesting - and as long as everything is above board I think I’m all about it.

My daily work board is a 67L and I love it (using it right now) - certainly cost me more as-is than what they’re asking, ignoring the keycaps completely. Getting a built one for that price would be awesome. For what a build like that has to offer (so long as it’s done well), I think that’s mighty consumer friendly.

Edit; it’s a sale, very low count available (2) - still - humongous sale of $100 off is no slouch. I do think the original asking price is totally reasonable, but minus a hundo it’s crazy good.

4 Likes

Thanks bud. We didn’t have that shop on our list – we do now though.

2 Likes

The price on DCS Delftware extras is amazing. Basically GB price.

And shipping is cheap from China because SP of course ships in bags…

https://en.zfrontier.com/products/in-stock-7-day-flash-sales-day5?variant=40099388391502

3 Likes

I’m still waiting on unwanted sets to show up on r/mechmarket for $40 or so. Nothing yet.

2 Likes

I got pbt moon but im down to trade if anyone wants to

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t use or need wrist rests, but for those of you who do, this seems like a pretty cool project:

I got nicePBT Beach Day and CK Earl Gray Lavender and I’m probably not going to actually use on anything. If you’re interested

1 Like

LGR did a video on the Vortex PC66.

I kind of like it when YouTubers from other spaces do stuff about keebs, and I think it’s neat to see those perspectives. Retro computing is this guy’s main thing, but he does appreciate a decent keyboard - a customized Filco TKL is visible in many of his other videos. Thomas (baritone keeb curmudgeon) even shows up in the comments.

10 Likes

One more - Thomas did a video on the Class80.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Looks like a fantastic board, gasket-mounted, metal, 2 options to mount, alot of customization options, kudos for KBDFans for a daughter-board, always bugs me when a gasket-mount board doesn’t have one.

4 Likes

CRP color mods in-stock at syruplabs

6 Likes

@Deadeye this is somewhat related to your pcb question but also an awesome find so posting it here. The apollo pcb was designed by Gondolindrim over several streams.

The design is open sourced so it could be forked with different mounting points without too much difficulty especially vs starting from scratch. Should handle your design requirements at a glance.

Design:

For sale:

3 Likes

Sho (of HHKB S60) Snipe and S66 GBs live in China. TBD at Rebult Keyboards.

Snipe has 2 versions - one for Pro 2, one for JIS.

【闲鱼】https://m.tb.cn/h.U6R2X6x?tk=LgvgdcjUfNc CZ3457 「快来捡漏【Hhkb snipe】」
点击链接直接打开

【闲鱼】https://m.tb.cn/h.UTn97qr?tk=wYJvdcjUWru CZ3457 「快来捡漏【Sho66 leopold fc660c静电容键盘改装】」
点击链接直接打开

1 Like

Heebie Keebies is having a sale.

They’ve got Staebies, TX stabs, and ThicThock Marshmallows among a few other goodies.

Checkout discount codes for the sale:

• HOLIDAY5 - 5% off
  • HOLIDAY10 - 10% off >$50
  • HOLIDAY15 - 15% off >$100
  • HOLIDAY25 - 25% off >$150
6 Likes

Invokeys just announced an automatic at checkout 25% sale - get those Black Sesame and Matcha Latte switches before they’re gone :wink:

6 Likes

Ha wow - sesames already out. They are kinda fantastic tho. One of very few switches I’d want to have more than one set of.

4 Likes

they really are a nice switch. My batch of Invokeys Matcha Latte switches were equally nice.

I’m also liking the U4Tx switches. They’re like a more stable bluish-white with more thunk at the bottom.

4 Likes

Ha, speaking of, they’ve just been restocked.

6 Likes