Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

SwitchOddities added more switches to their switch sample inventory and they now have over 300 individual switches. Free shipping on US orders above $50 and international orders above $100

I ordered like 175 different switches in total before, I am currently taking a break from buying new ones though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Normal travel distance without an insert. The inserts are pretty small. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I’m sure these will be a hit (or a thock, or a clack). I know you’ve already sold a lot to the Keebtalk community :slight_smile:

I appreciate your presence here. We think it’s a nice place to be.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/NovelKeys/status/1608840903732649985?s=20

Video teaser is ridiculously well done, there’s also a little sound demonstration giving a small impression of each insert.

I like the sound profile of the Titanium and Silicone ones.

5 Likes

Zakus are were back in stock at Bolsa

2 Likes

That was fast :joy:

Honestly though I don’t think the new ones live up to the hype. They’re fine - but not sell out in a few hours kinda fine, and not as good as those that set the name’s reputation.

2 Likes

I want to see how they stack up to the Emogogo Linears that I have.

I have also swapped a few of the POM stems on the Emo’s with the WS MM UPE stems and have been really impressed with that setup with Deskey films.

Plus, the colorway is pretty nice as well…

1 Like

My Cream+ switches & inserts are coming in today, and I’m super excited to start messing around with them. :3 On that note, I have a question for you:

Down the line, say once the first run of Cream + switch have sold-through, would you consider making the stems (or similar ones also compatible with the inserts) available as standalone items, kind of like the MM series? I can think of lots of additional switches I’d like to put those in.

1 Like

Did you ever get the Kraken set?

Yes, but I haven’t put it on anything to compare just yet.

I will try to get to it this evening. Looking at them in hand, they’re almost spot on with GMK caps height-wise.

1 Like

Possibly! But its not a definite. Getting switches as parts can prove a little challenging from some manus.

4 Likes

Novelkeys clearance sale is pretty intense. Aluminum NK87 V1 on sale for $75!! In some hot colors too. Actually only in hot colors, lol. Full set of DSS Easter for $50… Crazy deals.

3 Likes

Wow! What a monster discount - more than worth it to add a few washers.

Shucks! All sold out of the yellow - the search continues there… but I have some keys that might be perfect for that pink.

1 Like

That’s a steal! Ugh, no beige either. Peeps know a good thing when they see it. Does a right aligned USB-C give anyone else pause if you’re also right-handed?

1 Like

I use a USB cable with an angled connector on my desk most of the time; on my NK87 I have it attached on the right, pointing off to the left.

1 Like

That’s a solid solution. I’ll give that setup a try. I’ve been pretty resistant to anything outside of a left or centered aligned USB-C as it just messes with my feng shui.

Damn! Only now realise that I need this for the Novatouches :sob:

1 Like

pretty interesting trays. Now if they could get them to about $2 a piece, I’d buy a few hundred :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Finally got around to popping the WS Kraken keycaps on a board and comparing them to GMK.

They are smoother than GMK, but have almost identical profiles. They sit on a switch exactly as GMK caps do.

There are so many great GMK alternatives coming out now. I’d put this first set from WS towards the top of the list. :+1::+1:

8 Likes

Thanks for the update!

Quick question: What are these lines from? Is it just dust from the packaging? Or are there actually lines on the caps?

4 Likes