Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Don’t give them praise for excellent kitting when there’s no 40s and NorDe in sight! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Or ortho. Is a 1u tab too much to ask for.

1 Like

Ye, tho I include that in the 40s just like GMK does. :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t they say they are working on both? I understand waiting for mass adoption of the profile before investing in tooling for kits that traditionally sell fewer than others. They will get there eventually. That all being said, kitting for 60% up is quite good.

1 Like

The only quibble I have so far is a small one: I wish more of them had a spacebar add-on kit. Right now, it limits boards with a 6u spacebar to a handful of choices so having that flexibility would be appreciated.

2 Likes

A bunch of new stuff on NovelKeys today -

• Mictlan Silks
  • Awaken Silks
  • TFue Silks
  • PBT Olivia!
  • PBT Industrial
  • and these crazy things:

Stems with variable long-pole inserts. Neat.

8 Likes

Some really neat features in this thing!

6 Likes

did they shorten the stem to accommodate for the extra length from the insert or are they like 3mm travel? lol

I feel like the silicone might be interesting. The metal inserts seem like they would sound way too harsh to me.

Seems like they would have - ha I bought some so I’ll definitely let you know.

1 Like

They’re also flat and quite big, so I guess it’s gonna be a really loud thud.

Interesting concept nonetheless.

Edit: Seem like they’re the same size as the stem pole.

SwitchOddities added more switches to their switch sample inventory and they now have over 300 individual switches. Free shipping on US orders above $50 and international orders above $100

I ordered like 175 different switches in total before, I am currently taking a break from buying new ones though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Normal travel distance without an insert. The inserts are pretty small. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I’m sure these will be a hit (or a thock, or a clack). I know you’ve already sold a lot to the Keebtalk community :slight_smile:

I appreciate your presence here. We think it’s a nice place to be.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/NovelKeys/status/1608840903732649985?s=20

Video teaser is ridiculously well done, there’s also a little sound demonstration giving a small impression of each insert.

I like the sound profile of the Titanium and Silicone ones.

5 Likes

Zakus are were back in stock at Bolsa

2 Likes

That was fast :joy:

Honestly though I don’t think the new ones live up to the hype. They’re fine - but not sell out in a few hours kinda fine, and not as good as those that set the name’s reputation.

2 Likes

I want to see how they stack up to the Emogogo Linears that I have.

I have also swapped a few of the POM stems on the Emo’s with the WS MM UPE stems and have been really impressed with that setup with Deskey films.

Plus, the colorway is pretty nice as well…

1 Like

My Cream+ switches & inserts are coming in today, and I’m super excited to start messing around with them. :3 On that note, I have a question for you:

Down the line, say once the first run of Cream + switch have sold-through, would you consider making the stems (or similar ones also compatible with the inserts) available as standalone items, kind of like the MM series? I can think of lots of additional switches I’d like to put those in.

1 Like

Did you ever get the Kraken set?

Yes, but I haven’t put it on anything to compare just yet.

I will try to get to it this evening. Looking at them in hand, they’re almost spot on with GMK caps height-wise.

1 Like